Started the new job recently.

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by aushus, Feb 17, 2015.

1. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

40K NZ dollars is around £19.6 UK

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  2. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

This changes everything.

3. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

To be honest Juelz, does it?
    The OP applied for the Job, went through the Interview process, read (I presume) the Job Description, accepted the Salary and Role, and all he seems to have done since is moan about the role, how its not challenging and its a waste of his time. All within 4 days of working there.
    (But I do see what you mean, not having a dig at you).

4. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

"WhY they paying me 40k British pounds when someone fresh out of school can do what I'm doing"

5. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Damn, Dave beat me to it.

He is earning 40k sterling.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
    Jaron78 likes this.
  6. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Lol! then my original statement is how I feel, absolute banter in here right now.

Jaron78 likes this.
  7. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

I knew I had read that somewhere!!

8. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

Contradiction in your own statements there. You have already admitted you have seen areas to improve and to grow, then state you will not.

Well done as usual!

Certifications: ECDL, Does that Count!?!
  9. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Ah I must have got my wires crossed. Thanks for pointing that out.

Please however keep this thread constructive and don't let it turn into basing the OP.

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  10. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Hmm that'll teach me to read the whole thread and not just the last bits ........ Doh at me

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  11. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Aushus, I don't comment on CF much these days, and I like it even less when I'm posting to call someone out. But seriously, all I hear from you, on any thread, from any point in time, is this:
    • I'm amazing
    • I close calls quicker / better / faster than all of my colleagues (delete as appropriate)
    • My current company / job situation / pay (delete as appropriate) is not good enough
    • I'm going to move on because of any combination of the above variables
    You're frustrated? After 3 weeks?
    They likely don't care what certs and experience you have - if you're brand new to an organisation, do you think they're going to let you do high level project work without seeing what you're like first? Heck, you've admitted to being poor on the phone and not great with case notes - that would be enough to put quite a few managers I know off putting you on project work. If you can't talk to customers or note down properly the work you're doing - getting the basics right - why on earth should you be trusted with more complex work? If you can't talk to their customers, and no one can use your notes to follow the work you're doing, what use is that?

And don't start bleating that the basics are way beneath you - pull your finger out your backside, nose, or wherever you're storing it, and just do the job you're being paid to do - at whatever level the management there deems fit - to the best of your abilities in all areas. Companies want their high level staff to be all-rounders, both tech-wise and in the soft skills department, and seen as team players, even if that does mean dropping down a level or two occasionally and helping out other tiers for the sake of the business. From the sounds of things, you're about as well-rounded as a pentagon.

Job hopping gets you nowhere fast. Every 18 - 24 months? Sure, that's fine. Every few months on a CV? Yeah, okay then... and what do you tell your new prospectives went wrong? Bad mouthing your previous employers is a sure-fire way to put off future hires, and slagging off your current employer on a public forum is downright idiotic. And don't say you're not - you're basically saying they don't know how to utilise their resources.

Man-up, knuckle down, and stop annoying everyone by boasting about what great rates of pay you get for doing work that is apparently beneath you.

I'll probably get banned now, so it was nice knowing you all ;)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
    Jaron78 and Coupe2T like this.
  12. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

There won't be any banning happening. I myself have been frustrated by the OP's threads. If we can keep our replies constructive there may be a slim chance something resonates with the OP. If not, I'm sure none of us will lose any sleep over it.

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
    Jaron78 and JK2447 like this.
  13. aushus

aushus Kilobyte Poster

Hey guys,

its 40k british pounds not 40k nzd so this is like 81,720.02 NZD

Anyways, I understand there are some non technical basics that I need to get right and I will work on them, they are not a big deal to fix, its good I detected them earlier on. arroryn you do not need to do easy work to do hard work I did high level complex work in my last place and I gave them references over this on the work I did , so I did it before i have the experience , I just feel down doing basic technical support work, I miss the level of work I did in my last organization, I was the go to guy for everything and now in this organization I have to prove myself which is straight bull shite because the kind of the work I did was more harder than what the technical leads or so called senior engineers do in my new place, plus I gave them references over the work I did and proved in interview ! .

I Change jobs on average close to 2 years, and being working in IT close to 5 years now, None has ever called me a job hopper or anything like that ever or showed concern. I will give this job another 3 months and talk to my manager in the mean time if I cant do what I want and what i was hired to do ( I will improve those non technical things cause they are important and easy to fix) if I don't get what I want I will leave, being unemployed like before was so much better to tell you the truth.

14. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

I was with you up until this point... you must be taking the Mick.. so you would rather be unemployed than stick with a job you can do paying you £40,000pa? fair enough if you went into it thinking you would be doing certain things and it's turned out you aren't but your last comment is disgusting, clearly you dont have a family to support, I currently earn 10k a year mate doing back-breaking work and putting up with aload of crap and it took me alot of trouble to even find this job and thats after studying at college for 7 years and getting top marks. I have to raise my son on a small bit of money yet I am grateful as it beats being on the doll which I was for 4 months and that was enough for me I see so amny people struggle to get jobs these days and work with people doing the worst jobs ever just to make ends meet, who wont see 40k in 5 years worth of wages. I'm not investing anymore time into you now you are taking the absolute piss and have completely naffed me off.

Goodbye

15. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

I have written a post responding to this so many times, but none of the edits avoid what would amount to a lengthy vitriolic personal attack. I'd wish you all the best with your future endeavours, which I will take no effort to keep up on, but people with your kind of attitude deserve goodwill about as much as much as Kim Jong-Un deserves the Nobel Peace Prize.

I didn't say you need to do easy work to do hard work; I said you shouldn't expect the complex projects when you aren't getting the basics right. If it's easy to fix it, then fix it. Stop trolling a public forum with your non-existent woes; I can only imagine you keep posting here because you love the fawning you get from the back of it all, negative or not.

[​IMG]

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  16. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

@Juelz keep up the good work mate. It's not easy starting out with young kids. I take my hat off to you.
    @aushus do what ever makes you happy, best of luck to you. Money isn't everything I agree if that's what you are trying to say

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  17. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Not a good idea to be unemployed... Doesn't matter if you like your job or not... I can understand certain circumstances might make you quit your job before finding another one, but rule of thumb, never quit a job before finding another one, it looks bad on your CV.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
    JK2447 likes this.
  18. Sparky

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Do they have any O365 work just now for you to be doing?

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  19. aushus

aushus Kilobyte Poster

they do but the other people are doing it,

20. JK2447

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Ah well at least they use something you're good at. Give it time and move across to that. I haven't worked on a customer that uses it yet

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs