SQL Server explain please!

Discussion in 'Software' started by gary_potten, Nov 17, 2004.

1. gary_potten

gary_potten Bit Poster

Hi all, I hope this is the ruight place to post this, I am going for an interview later on today and I need to know a breife description and information about SQL server 2003, I havent realy used it at all and the guy said not to wory and thjat he would train me, but a basic over view of what it does would be great!

Cheers All
    Gary

WIP: MCSE 2003
  2. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

err theres no such thing
    SQL Server 2000 was the last release of SQL, the next release (Yukon codename) isnt expected to be released until 2005

SQL is a database server from microsoft (well SQL is actually the language of the database, MSSQLSErver is the ms offering
    SQL stands for Structured Query Language, and there is TSQL (Transact SQL)
    its not something you could really get a quick overview of, its a very vast and complex system, which is why MS has a dedicated track JUST for database administrators

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  3. Phil
    Honorary Member

Phil Gigabyte Poster

Yup, i'd agree with Pheonix. It isn't a subject you're going to easily get your head round with half an hours reading before an interview. However a good place to start would be the official website http://www.microsoft.com/sql/default.asp

Phil

Certifications: MCSE:M & S MCSA:M CCNA CNA
    WIP: 2003 Upgrade, CCNA Upgrade
  4. Rosy
    Honorary Member

Rosy Megabyte Poster

So, how did the interview go Gary?

Certifications: MOS Master Instructor