Spelling and Grammar?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by juice142, Jun 14, 2007.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

I like to take the time to write things out properly, but with exceptions. Like a text message for obvious reasons, when im in a forum like this etc, where the sitaution is relaxed etc. When it comes to writing letters or job apps etc, then thats where i got through all my english and grammar, also when i do my assignments for uni as well etc.

Eddie

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  2. shambles

shambles Guest

As an aside, but still keeping to the theme of the thread, I got a call recently about a non-functional spell checker on a PC running XP, IE and Outlook Express. There was no spell checking going on in Outlook...

Until I did a bit of digging around, I had never known that this combination of software doesn't have spell checking built in. It isn't a standard feature in Outlook Express. Apparently, you only get the spell checking facility in Outlook Express if you have one of the office products also installed - which you need to pay for, if you didn't get it as a bundle... And of course, the spell checker in Open Office is not compatible (is it?).

There is a freeware program out there, but it only spell checks. No grammar checking...