Sorry if my question is posted before

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by pwd_directory, Mar 8, 2010.

1. pwd_directory

pwd_directory Bit Poster

In cisco we have 7 different paths. my question is which is the best path ??
    THANKS

2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

are you asking about CISCO certifications?

If so it depends entirely on your experience level. i.e you shouldn't do the CCNA unless you actually work with CISCO kit in your job, if you are just starting in a CISCO related job doing the CCENT is best but you should really get the N+ first.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. Asterix

Asterix Megabyte Poster

How can you expect to get any sort of informative response when you have included no details? And there is no clarity in the question, hence 'greenbrucelee's' response (although the words he speaks are all true)

4. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Taking it quite literally, then the CCIE and all of the paths that it can lead you to, obviously you don't mean that so how about breaking it down.

What do you do at the moment, what's your skill level, what do you want to do? what time scales do you have?

All of these are important bits of information, for example it wouldn't be any good going down the Security route if you have no ASA or PIX experience, the same could be said for VOICE if you only have Routing\Switching experience.

How about you go away and actually think about the question again and come back when you can give US a bit more information, at the same time you would have some better idea on what it is that CISCO have on offer.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  5. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

'Best' is a bit subjective.

Best for what?
    Pulling chicks?

:hhhmmm

You need to be a bit clearer about what you're trying to achieve and where you're starting from.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  6. pwd_directory

pwd_directory Bit Poster

i am currently doing job in Hyundai as a service adviser and network administrator in Pakistan
    My duties in IT are
    looking after a small simple lan of around 12 computers cabling matters nd just simple hubs.
    now i am interested in cisco field. i had simply read a+ n+ and ccna books nd have not taken any certification exam.
    i was just wondering which is the best path in cisco to CCIE ie security voice wireless thnks to SimonD and all for the help
    any further suggestions for my future??
    THanks to all once again

7. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

The one(s) you have real-world experience working with.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!