Sophos enterprise console V3 and Vista client

Discussion in 'Software' started by SimonV, Oct 11, 2007.

1. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

I'm setting up a test rig with Vista to see how things go with all the software we use etc and one of the first things that I've come across is trying to install Sophos antivirus through enterprise console.

I've tried this article LINK but still its a no go.

The error I get in the console is :
    Code = 00000008
    Description = Installation of Sohpos AutoUpdate failed

I also looked at this article LINK but that service is not installed on the client, there are two other services one called "Sophos-Antivirus" and the other called "Sophos-Antivirus status reporter". Both services are started and set to automatic.

There is also a local account called "SophosSAUSVERNONPC0" that the install has created and if for every retry another local account is created ir SophosSAUSVERNONPC1 SophosSAUSVERNONPC2.

I've deleted the local account, stopped the services and done all from the above links but still cant get it to install.

Any help or info would be appreciated.

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  2. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Welcome to Vista SimonV :)

BUMP!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2015
    Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  3. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Can you try running the services with a domain account that has admin rights? Also is UAC turned on?

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs