Sophos AV Migration

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Theprof, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

You know something, I completely agree, I also believe that some solution work better in different environments... Zeb like you said, you've had a good experience with McAfee where as me, not so good...

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  2. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

At my previous place of work we used McAfee enterprise AV solution and I was there for nearly three years and not one serious virus infestation.

On the other hand at my current place of work been there nearly 2.5 years and we use Sophos endpoint AV solution current version 4. I believe it all depends on how it is configured in your IT infrastructure and how often it's updated with dat files and patches. Obviously testing these in a test lab before role out.

I must say from my current experience, Sophos has catched every virus on the network so far and isolated it. Just last year we had the conflicker virus infested out entire IT infrastructure and guess what every one of those PC's infected were treated from the Sophos enterprise console.

So all in all, it really does boil down to how knowledgeable you're about the AV solution and how well it's configured and updated on a regular basis. Just my two pence worth of opinion though:).

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell