some questions regarding to Mobile IPv4

Discussion in 'Networks' started by kobem, Apr 17, 2008.

1. kobem

kobem Megabyte Poster

Hey people , i want to just suicide in these days. However, i have to deliver my thesis until the
    first day of June. Working on Mobile IPv4 and its issues. Moreover, i have some questions
    again my mind.

There are some elements in Mobile IPv4 communication such as correspondent node, Mobile node,foreign agent,home agent(disgusting one) and care of addresses with home addresses. I wonder tunneling among home agent and foreign agent.

questions

1- why is that tunneling(encapsulation) "just only" among home agent and foreign agent? i ask this
    since while correspondent node tries to communicate with Mobile node when it is away from home,
    i consider there have to be set up new tunnels for instance between correspondent node and home agent?

2- We build a tunnel between home agent and foreign agent but if NAT is used at these devices,how can
    end-to-end communication occur ?

3- There is also a "binding update" thing at that protocol(Mobile IPv4). After learning home agents and foreign agents in that networks, Mobile node has to be registered to home agent directly or through
    foreign agent. Though, after tunneling there exists a binding update event. So what is the
    difference between registration and binding update?

Certifications: CCNA
  2. kobem

kobem Megabyte Poster

hey do not you have any knowledge or you fed up with me so that you do not reply?

3. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

I for one know very little about it, as I'm not in the mobile telco world, which is where it seems to be used most.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  4. kobem

kobem Megabyte Poster

I had so many resources during my thesis.Even i do not figure out questions i ask here , i found a
    new paper that would be so useful.

see this

http://www.giac.org/certified_professionals/practicals/gsec/2588.php

5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

No point in me posting, really... why would you start listening to my advice NOW? :rolleyes: :biggrin

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!