Some questions about N+

Discussion in 'Network+' started by csteffen28, Jul 1, 2016.

1. csteffen28

csteffen28 New Member

Hello all,
    I am in my last semester of my networking management degree and it's basically a cisco academy to prep for the CCNA. I have been interning at a SaaS company for about 2 years now as well. More help desk type stuff than networking at the job though. I took the IT fundamentals to get warmed up to COMPTIA's exam layout and style of questions. I passed it and then went and took my A+ about two weeks ago and passed the 901/902 with decent scores(not what i wanted by a long shot). I used messor's videos and the exam cram book to study for it.
    Now, the questions...
    1) Will the videos/exam cram book by prowse be enough material to cover the N+?

2) I have multiple cisco books that go much deeper than what the Prowse books seems to go, but it seems to go deeper into the Cisco parts, so would those be of much help as a supplement?

3)How much sub netting is required? I don't mind sub netting but it's not my strong point. Should i focus a lot of attention to this or not really for the scope of this test?

4)And finally, any end-all-be-all advice before taking particular test?

I plan on taking it on the 6th of July, so I'm taking this weekend to do some refreshers and practice exams on the net. I usually don't study the day of the exam at all (i have used this method throughout school and seems to work for me).

2. csteffen28

csteffen28 New Member

Passed today with a 725!! super happy. one of my sims failed on me, and i thought it would fail me, but i made it through anyway.

3. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Congrats, mate a big weldone, looks like you worked hard! whats next?

4. csteffen28

csteffen28 New Member

Thanks! A week for the brain to take a break and then start studying for Security +. That's the last one i want before classes start in August for me to finish my Associate's and after that, hopefully go take my CCNA

5. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

did you study and pass the N+ in 10 days? I noticed you posted on the 1st of Jul

6. csteffen28

csteffen28 New Member

No, I started studying around mid June. Messor's videos, Messor's notes, and used the exam cram book by Prowse to shore up anything I didn't know. So, it was about a month of studying, about the same as i took for the A+. I have been in school for Networking though, so it wasn't all new to me either.

7. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Thats very impressive, I am currently going for the A+, I currently work in a help-desk role but mainly dealing with software/OS more than hardware.

8. rocdamike

rocdamike Byte Poster Gold Member

Congrats!

Certifications: F5 CTS, LTM | F5-CA | CCNA: Sec | CCNA: R&S | ITIL Foundation
    WIP: AWS Solutions Architect