Some Hardware Certification Guidance

Discussion in 'A+' started by jvenables, Jul 7, 2009.

1. jvenables

jvenables New Member

Hi All....

Currently I have the HP Server/Blade/Desktop & Laptop certifications since 2005 & doing the online exam every year since...

However, I have no system generic certifications and I think my knowledge will be fairly rusty....

I am would appreciate your guidance on whether you think A+, N+ & Server+ would be beneficial to me....

Also if I am going to start with A+ how long do you think it would take to complete the study & sit the exam approximately? I understand there is current exams & new ones coming soon.

I would hopefully follow that up with N+ & then Server+...

So some approx study times would be appreciated to help me plan my study & what versions of each I should go for to be current for as long as possible.

I appreciate this is quite an open ended question, but would rather bow to the knowledge of folk thats been there rather than bash on with unrealistic targets.

Thanks in Advance

John

2. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

From your introductory post it sounds like you have a lot of knowledge so it shouldn't be too tricky.

Obviously as stated it is quite an open ended question, it depends on lots of factors; how much study time you can put in, how much do you already know, how quickly can you absorb information...

As a very rough estimate I'd say a month for each certification (A+, N+ etc) given your current level of experience. That estimation assumes you'll be plugging away with at least a couple of hours study per day.

You've got to bear in mind though that there are no free second chance offers for these types of exams, so be sure you're ready before booking.

I wish you the best of luck with the certifications :)

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  3. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

It took me 2 months to revise for my Security+ exam but then again I study for 2 or 3 exams at a time. Good luck, Jim

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs