some advice for 70-219

Discussion in 'Active Directory Exams' started by shaunyboy, Oct 12, 2004.

1. shaunyboy

shaunyboy Nibble Poster

Just managed to pass this sod :D , found it way nastier than 70-216 which I was told would be the worst I would come across.

I don't do braindumps but would advise anyone about to do it to make sure they are still reasonably fresh on the other MS technologies in 2000. You need to know AD inside out and be able to analyse some ridiculously complex situations but also keep your networking skills up to date. I keep a small test network going at home which uses just about everything MS throws at you (dyndns, dhcp, efs, certs etc) which has proved invaluable in every exam to date.

Still cant set up a vpn tho. Dohhh. :confused2

Certifications: A+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: Exchange
  2. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

Congrats mate, well done
    how much more do you have to do for the MCSE then?

im currently working on 2003, and my VMWare lap consists of about 20 machines at the moment :)
    on there own little LAN, so they dont bugger up my real one lol

I have, like you, got pretty much everything i could think of on there, even did an NT4 -> 2003 upgrade as part of setting it up :)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  3. shaunyboy

shaunyboy Nibble Poster

Only got the 221 to go before I have the MCSE, then I realistically need to get up to speed on XP (gave up on it as my home OS after one too many bsods) and maybe the messaging exams... then maybe ad infinitum!!!!

I was running VM a while back, plan to get it up and running again soon, my limitation was the PC running it was fairly basic so the network on it was small but it is a GREAT bit of kit! Had to return to the 'proper' network when I cooked the processor one day. Ooops. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

4. Luton Bee

Luton Bee Kilobyte Poster

Well done Shaunyboy, just to echo what you said for the benefit of others the 219 is a tricky little MF of an exam.

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA, MCP, A+, Network+ C&G ICT
    WIP: CCNA
  5. shaunyboy

shaunyboy Nibble Poster

Glad it's not just me. After 30 minutes I was ready to walk out, didn't help that the guy next to me had a monitor doing it's impression of a submarine ('ping....ping....ping....') and he was typing with what sounded like a sledgehammer. Still, mustn't grrrrumble, was so glad (and surprised) to get the 'congratulations' message!!!

6. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Congrats Shaun - Well done m8 :clap

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  7. Sandy

Sandy Ex-Member

WELL DONE

I love your comment

Sounds about right for a MS exam. Just wait until you use it for real on a big network the "ridiculously complex situations" will feel like a walk on the beach. :p

Good Luck with 221 it really tests your hardware, Operating Systems and Networking skills (I know i did it twice).

8. punkboy101
    Honorary Member

punkboy101 Back from the wilderness

A belated well done from me mate, I trust you had a few celebratory beers last night! :thumbleft :beers2 :respct

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: Nada
  9. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Well done shaunyboy. Sounds like you deserved it.:D

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  10. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Nice one Shaun, I fondly remember finishing that one and then having a few shandies to celebrate

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  11. geomac

geomac New Member

Hi I'm a newbie and just completed an eight week crash course in the core MCSE - Now I need to go and put some real study into each individual exam! - I was wondering if folks had some advice on an order?? - But also, more inportantly I noticed on this thread a mention of VMWARE. Who can tell me about this and if you can set it up on a laptop to simulate a 2003 network?

Thanks.

Geo.

12. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

VMWARE

Virtual PC

8)