Skyrim

Discussion in 'Gamers Hangout' started by Kitkatninja, Oct 24, 2011.

1. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Well, I hit level 19 last night... I've got a house, horse and I am married. Still thoroughly enjoying the game, so much so that I try to limit my time on it to no more than 2 hours per night. If I didn't, I'd be on it all night.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  2. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

I hit 19 last night too :) got the Whitrun house as mentioned before, haven't replaced my horse, and married Unthgerd (Ungerd... Gerdy... the double hard chick in the Bannered Mare in Whitrun). Just about to go in to Labrynthian as part of the College of Winterhold quests, then going to go back on to the main story (though might spend some time in between getting some of the dozens of misc quests I've accumulated out of the way).

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  3. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

I rode my Whiterun horse off a cliff whilst outrunning an Ice Troll. HorseMeat!

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  4. Arroryn

's good eatin' in them thar horsemeat *spitoons*

5. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

Ok seriously, its SP only right? so does it matter if i get it on the PC or Xbox? anyone got pros/cons either way.. give me the low down folks, as i am being tempted
    that said, SWTOR comes out in 15 days

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  6. GiddyG

I can only speak for XBox 360, and it is only single player (unfortunately); however, you can really lose yourself in it big time.

I've not even scratched the surface yet. There so many quests and side quests that you can do, as well as just running/riding round the whole Skyrim world levelling up, getting loot, honing skills.

At £35, I'd give it a go.

7. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

GiddyG likes this.
  8. 1/4

1/4 Byte Poster

Phoenix you need it on PC mate.

Console versions miss all of this from the get go...Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim Mods and community

Plus if you like the 360 controller, Skyrim supports it natively on PC as well.

HTH

Certifications: A+, N+
    WIP: 70-680
  9. BrizoH

BrizoH Byte Poster

This game is amazing, I was seriously considering going into work late this morning to get an extra half hour on it :)

Certifications: CCNA, CCNA Security
    WIP: CCNP
  10. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

I.... accidentally bought this yesterday.

Amazon/Game/Gamestation all have it for £22 (£19.99 for PC)

Amazon
    Game
    Gamestation

Thought - Hell, for £20 can't really go wrong.

Kinda glad I held off now :D

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  11. metalhead66

metalhead66 Bit Poster

Went and got this yesterday from gamestation with loyalty points ended up paying £13 too hard to resist... bloody good game to :D

WIP: A+
    GiddyG likes this.
  12. Arroryn

Got my smithing level 100 and now have dragon armour. Finished the Civil War quest line for the Imperials last night, and am the Arch Mage of the College of Winterhold. Suppose I should go to that embassy party now (anyone got any ferrero rocher, my sneak skill probably isn't *quite* up to the task)

GiddyG likes this.
  13. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Considering I only bought it on Friday I've already sunk close to 12 hours into this, which is ... worrying :p

I'm really enjoying it too, as is the girlfriend (good quest-lines and stories)!

I think one of the main things is that I've changed my play style up - In these types of games I'm ALWAYS a melee fighter, but decided to go mage this time around and it's really good fun.

Dual cast flames with impact is the way to go.

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
    GiddyG likes this.
  14. GiddyG

Got my smithing up to 100 too with dragon armour. :)

Almost at the end of the Thieves Guild quests.

The big disappointment at the moment is that patch 1.2 seems to have stuffed up severala of my magika weapons/skills, to the extent that I cannot kill the chap at the end of the quest about Azura's Star. Hopefully 1.3, when released will resolve that without me having to start a new character.

BTW, I am, playing heavy armoured mage... lol.

15. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

I may or may not have purchased and installed this game from steam
    it may have cost me $59.99
    and I may still be level 1...
    couldn't find anything fun to throw lightning bolts at on my way to town other than a bandit and a wolf

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
    GiddyG likes this.
  16. GiddyG

I expect to hear about your level 42 lightning mage beating the backside out of everything in a few days... :)

You definitely lose yourself in the game, if you let yourself. I spent 2 hours on it last night, first of all in a dungeon and then finding my way to and around someone's laboratory. Much fun (and not a little frustration) was had.

17. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Well I'm still enjoying the game. Head person of the Companions, Mage Guild, Theives Guild, and just finishing of the Dark Brotherhood main quest line. Will continue with the main quest soon enough and got a heck 'o lots of misc quests to do also :)

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  18. Arroryn

I'm now a level 37 heavy armour mage. Expect to have the main quest finished by the end of the week (and I won't even be home this weekend).

Then... then I will get a life for a bit. Maybe play LotR War in the North (which is still in its wrapping) and await the torrent of games I have on order early next year.

I know I'm starting to get a little bored with Skyrim when I do a random save and then kill everyone in a town. But with this one you can't kill critical quest characters, so you can't "clear" Riverwood. Or Solitude. And I've already been married twice. Took both of my wives questing and they weren't up to the task. One got killed by a draugyr, the other, accidentally got in to the way of my full Unrelenting Force. Which sounds erotic out of context. Pfft. Modern women.

19. Cunningfox

Cunningfox Byte Poster

Certifications: CCNP, CCNA, MCP
    WIP: ??
  20. GiddyG

A litttle bit of news about patch 1.3 for Xbox 360 and PS3...