Sky Digital!

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by noelg24, Apr 10, 2005.

1. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Sorry I havent been on muh guys...what with me new job and settling into me new flat...but today I got Sky Digital installed onto my PC with me TV card! :D It was a challenge but I overcame it with the Sky engineer who I think had his work cut out! My room is at the front of the house and the dish had to go at the back of the house...so the poor fella had to chuck the cable over the roof to get it into my room...cos I dont think my flat mate would be happy about a cable running thru his room...speaking of which I dont know where he is cos he hasnt been in his room for nearly 4 days...his room is open and his budgies are just sitting there doing nowt...anyway just thought I would let u all know that I have Sky Digital on my PC...get in baby! :)

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  2. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Nice one Noel.

i've been thinking of this for a while whether to have Sky digital or TV thro NTL Cable. Already do the phone and internet with NTL. To cut a long story short I have analogue TV with NTL but for some reason the've stopped charging me. Now I've heard that NTL are stopping their analogue service in Northampton and the Missussays that she can not do without Channel 5 (can't get it through the aerial).

Anyway at a risk of stealing Noel's thread, anyone got any advice. Never had any probs with NTL otherwise. Just base packages required.

Cheers

AJ

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  3. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Great to have you back, NoelG :biggrin

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  4. NightWalker

NightWalker Gigabyte Poster

I don't have any cable where I am, so I get Sky through the dish. I could not be without Sky TV. Once you have it there is no going back ! I'm sure NTL are doing a special offer if you get TV, Phone and Internet through them. They have a channel on sky down in the shopping channels. I may be wrong, but I was channel hopping the other night and am sure that's what I saw.
    Just had a look, its channel 666 (that could be a bad omen). Three for £30 is what they are offering. Give em a call AJ, its 0800 183 5555.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCP, MCSA:M 2003, ITIL v3 Foundation
  5. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

I dont get it Gav :dry

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life