SkillsTrain Scheidegger/complaints going to watchdog

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Jody, May 18, 2006.

1. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Just as a quick warning to Jody and anyone else in her position - this can all turn out very expensive.
    CAB is free but is generally ineffective with no real authority.
    Lawyers will cost you a fortune, and if it goes to court there is a very good chance that you will lose and get lumped with court costs, expenses and may even have a CCJ taken out against you if you haven't been paying.
    Whatever your experiences, Scheidegger have heard them all before and have an army of lawyers waiting to swoop in and destroy you. They don't care how much it costs them.

Think very carefully before going all 'Robin Hood' and taking on a big business.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  2. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Can I just sum up this thread please, because it has started to go where CF should not go.

You have all voiced various opinions regarding the situation that Jody has found herself in. I'm sure that if we were in the same position that we would be asking for help as well. Telling someone that "you should have read the contract first" is a bit like slapping them in the face and telling them they where stupid.

Jody did get some solid advice here and I for one thank all the members for passing that onto her. Now Jody has to decide what her next step is. We can't help her with that, but whatever she does decide (and if we are privy to that info) it will be right for her.

Please do not post any terms and conditions on the forum, deff a no no, that's between you and your provider.

I hope I have not offended anyone,that was not my intent. I wanted was to finish this thread off as cleanly as possible. I will not close this thread but I do ask that unless there are some important points that need to be added, it be left alone.

Best wishes to Jody and her studies, don't forget that we are always here to help.

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  3. Jody

Jody Bit Poster

Hi

Just saying thank you to everyone who put positive feedback, and useful information, that has helped me out alot
    CAB are sorting things out,and since mentioning CAB to the provider in a letter, they are now taking me seriously rather than sending standard letters.

Thanks again
    Joe

4. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

Glad to hear that Jody. I hope you don't think I didn't want you to sort things out, I just didn't rate your chances. Looks like I was wrong. Well done.:thumbleft

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270