Skillstrain on Watchdog

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by michael78, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Like old times in here – Computeach? Not heard that name in ages!

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  2. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Looks like Train2Game have completely closed their doors; I always found this company an interesting case, they were affiliated with a well known celebrity, and their qualifications were somewhat recognized, however their practices were corrupt.. I just feel they went about things completely wrong. It's odd as there are many people that will tell you Train2Game is awesome yet there are many that will tell you they are not.. I remember they were on watchdog once...

3. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Train2Game did have a well known game developer on the board and the training materials didn't look terrible.
    Personally I think the format, sales practices and lack of vetting of students was a bit sketchy, as well as the large up front payments or finance plans also run by MIS affiliated companies with no refunds.

There are far cheaper ways to learn game dev from Udemy to Unity and plenty of others.

I found this pretty funny at the time.
    http://ukresistance.co.uk/2009/10/a-legal-letter-for-the-collection-from-train2game/

Last edited: May 4, 2020
  4. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Looks like Train2Game have completely closed their doors; I always found this company an interesting case, they were affiliated with a well known celebrity, and their qualifications were somewhat recognized, however their practices were corrupt.. I just feel they went about things completely wrong. It's odd as there are many people that will tell you Train2Game is awesome yet there are many that will tell you they are not.. I remember they were on Crime Watch once...
    I’ve always wanted to try my hand at game dev but no idea where to start.

5. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster