Skillstrain my Experience

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by lubo, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

What he said.

Yes, you are in time to cancel it, I believe. Call their admin department tomorrow on 0845 077 7770 - but make sure you do it tomorrow, otherwise you may go past your cool off period.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  2. Rabiul

Rabiul Bit Poster

Thanks for the information. What time do they shut? What info will i need? Any account numbers, i will ring on my lunch hour at work

3. Arroryn

They work normal office hours; 9 - 5.

You will need your student number, which should have come through on your agreement. If this wasn't written down (and should be clearly marked as student number) then your full name and address should suffice.

Also, has your finance info come through yet? If they give you the okay to cancel, I would follow it up rigourously with their finance company (Clyedsdale for me, don't know if it's still the same for new students) - it's all well and good them saying you're cancelled - you have to make sure they've told the finance company you're cancelled.

Good luck.

4. Rabiul

Rabiul Bit Poster

My teacher info still have not arrived yet mate, so don't know my student numebr, what should i do?

My finance details? All i got is this hitachi capital form, which has finance details on (this was recieved when signing agreement). I know they have took £75.00 already the bar stewards! lol

5. Arroryn

lol. The agreement you signed... should have left you one of the carbon copies? I think your student ref number should be on the front sheet of that, either top left or top right.

If it isn't, then your name and address is more than sufficient for them to start the ball rolling on getting your account cancelled.

6. Rabiul

Rabiul Bit Poster

Nope no numbers mate. I just wanted to know would you do the same thing in my position, self study, get the books, resources etc... and take the exams.

Also which exams which you must take for A+? I heard there are 2 from previous post, which ones are they? I checked the test centre websites, there are all these other A+ exams to take, overall 4/5 i think.

7. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

For the A+ you must pass 220-601 (Essentials) and one other 220-602 (which most people take, its IT technician exam) or 220-603 or 220-604 (they are to do with remote support)

But as said most people do the 602 after themandatory one.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  8. Rabiul

Rabiul Bit Poster

Cheers for all the info maty's!!!

I will ring the admin department up and see if i can cancel my contract (fingers crossed), and then will concentrate on buying books and see how the self study goes? Godwillin i can do it quickly and move forward to other certificates.

But first need to get that IT job to gain some experiance!! This will be hard but let's see what happens!!!