skillstrain cancellation

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by miracle1977, Mar 31, 2009.

1. miracle1977

miracle1977 New Member

Hi everyone couple of weeks ago I cancelled my skills train course after reading numerous faults and complaints on various websites/forums, I was assured that my course had been cancelled and that the initial £75:00 I paid would be received on the 31/03/2009. I haven't received any payment back from them, after phoning them this morning, I was told that I haven't been cancelled off there system, they only do cancellations on a thursday and that I would receive my money back on the fifteenth, this company is a big joke!!!! after numerous phone calls back and forth, and the numerous people I've spoken to, it seems they have all told me lies!!!!!!! any suggestions on where to go from here would be greatly appreciated. From a really angry lady GGGGGRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

keep pestering them and ask for a letter confirming cancellation because if you don't you might find yourself still enroled on the course and having to owe them money.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. Ence

Ence Kilobyte Poster

4. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

From my experience of exam refunds they do actually only do bank processing on Thursdays (no idea why) but they are true to their word on sending out the cash.

Keep an eye for funds hitting your account on 02/04, but make sure to write / email them and complain about the melon you spoke to. Keep in their radar, if you cancelled in time (and I think they record their calls) then you'll get your refund.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  5. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

Make sure you either send them an email or a recorded letter cancelling the course otherwise if it doesn't get cancelled it's your word against theirs.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  6. miracle1977

miracle1977 New Member

Cheers Guys!!! done all of the above, but still haven't got my money back, they say I have to wait another two weeks, might give them a call tomorrow just to keep on there radar!!!! we received a letter from them on Saturday morning saying that my course had been cancelled, they insist that I send all course materials back etc etc........... but I haven't received any course materials or welcome pack, I've already told them this at least 4-5 times, I'm angry at the moment because I feel like a complete sucker, all I want is for them to give me my money back and hopefully i'll never have to deal with them again!!!!