Simulation Scoring

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by dave_parki_uk, Jan 26, 2009.

1. dave_parki_uk

dave_parki_uk New Member

Took my 70-290 today and failed :cry: however I was wondering about the simulations. How are these scored?

Does it take into account the speed or amount of clicks etc... I know I clicked on something's which didn't respond however I am unsure if this counted against me.

Not a lot was explained about the simulations.

2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

MS don't publish how they score exams so I don't think anyone can tell you. But I very much doubt clicking one too many times goes against you.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. dave_parki_uk

dave_parki_uk New Member

Thanks for your quick reply.

4. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

No, you can reset the sims as well, so for instance you have a play with the question to make sure your happy with what you are doing then reset it and complete the question. I doubt very much they score on timeliness or your route, only that you have answered the question correctly. but as GBL says as MS keep their mouths shut over scoring we will never know.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Too bad about the fail. Good luck on the next attempt, hopefully you registered for you second shot?

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  6. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Sorry to hear your news.

What have you been using to study? The MS Training Kit volume? I've used MS Training Kits for a number of exams and I have to be honest, they have been very good. They take you through the various areas, and you get to do lots of hands-on.

Not sure if Transcender do simulations in their 290 exam software, and I don't know if Boson have a 290 sim.

7. dave_parki_uk

dave_parki_uk New Member

Thanks for the kind words.

I use online course ware that have very basic sims in comparison to the exam. I have got a second shot code but the online course ware company have an exam guarantee so I think they are sorting my resit out.

I think I need to spend more time actually doing the tasks i have been reading about, although I work in IT for an IT company I do very little in network admin on a day to day basis.

8. dalsoth

dalsoth Kilobyte Poster

I will soon be taking this exam and although i know everything i am studying pretty well i still am making silly errors on the test questions due to boredom and lack of attention. I am nearly finished with the video training and will soon go through the entire MS Self Paced book working on a real server i have set up at home.

I want to race through and take the exam but have to keep telling myself to slow down and study more just in case. I would suggest, if you have not done so already, that you set up a computer at home with 2003 server and another with XP client. If you don't have the hardware for all that there are some very helpful posts on here for setting up virtual pc's using VMWare and MS Virtual PC or even the open source and excellent VirtualBox.

There are also some excellent cram session videos available for the 70-290 on the ITIdiots website. Have a look at those also.

Good luck on the resit.:D

Certifications: MCSE, MCP, MCDST, MCSA, ITIL v3
    WIP: MCITP EA