Should i wait or take A+ now

Discussion in 'A+' started by craney, Dec 4, 2009.

1. craney

craney New Member

hi all i have heard that the a+ here in the uk is going to be changing in feb i have just ordered the mike myers 2006 edition book to learn from but if i was to miss the chance for the 2006 version of the exam would learning the mike myers book help me with the new exam or will it be totally different? Just dont wanna spend a couple of months studying it to find out it will be useless to me

many thanks

2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Its feb in the US and Canada and August in the UK you can check this on compTIAs website.

So you have plenty of time to get the current version done.

The new version will include Vista whereas the 2006/7 doesn't.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. craney

craney New Member

thanks very much for that info mate its put my mind to rest, i am studying for my mcdst at the mo and was told i might be better off starting with the A+ would that be the best thing to do? also will the 2006 mike myers book be the best material for me to study?

thanks again

4. greenbrucelee

Yes it would be better to do the A+ and N+ before starting the MCDST as both will help you with the MCDST, but if your well into the MCDST it might be worth just staying on that.

Mike Meyers is the best for the A+ so you have nothing to worry about with AIO 6th edition.

5. craney

craney New Member

thanks very much mate u have helped me out a lot i have already started my msdst as thats the course the it company put me on im picking it up ok but i might take a look at the A+ to try and help me understand the parts i cant quite understand on the mcdst

thanks again

6. craney

craney New Member

one thing i forgot to ask what exam is it i actually take? Im not to sure cos there is so many lol

thanks again

7. greenbrucelee

For the MCDST you have to take 70-271 & 70-272 to pass. Passing one of those gets you an MCP.

For the A+ you have to pass two the 220-601 Essentials and one other. either 220-602 IT Technican, 220-603 Help desk Technician and 220-604 Depot Technician. Most people do the IT tech exam.