Shared Internet feed

Discussion in 'Networks' started by guyver9114, Mar 10, 2010.

1. guyver9114

guyver9114 Bit Poster

We have currently bought a new building and will be relocating into in shortly but we have a spare floor which we will be renting out to small upstart companies (max 4 units with 2-3 people in each). I have been asked to look into offering shared internet and email and the like to them. I have convinced our MD to keep them seperate from our servers and put something int just for them. I am looking at Small Business Office Live for there email and online document store but need to find a solution for them to share a common internet feed (single adsl line) between the companies whilst keeping each of them logically seperate to protect each companies data. I have no set budget yet but we will need to offer basic content filtering aswell.

Is it best to go down ISA route or does anyone recommend any hardware solution (preffered)

Many Thanks
    Ian

Certifications: MCSA: Messaging, MCT
    WIP: Nothing for a few months :)
  2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

ISA doesn't exist any more, it's now the Forefront Threat Management Gateway

I would also perhaps look at something like the Cisco ASA and see if that does what you want.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA