Serious question

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by LukeP, Mar 23, 2011.

1. ThomasMc

ThomasMc Gigabyte Poster

One for me as well, that was harsh.

Certifications: MCDST|FtOCC
    WIP: MCSA(70-270|70-290|70-291)
  2. cisco lab rat

cisco lab rat Megabyte Poster

I bagged two....

Certifications: Yes I pretty much am!!
    WIP: Fizzicks Degree
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I wasn't infracted for the sig. And if I were, is it poking fun of that member, or just copying the structure of his sig?

Again, is this what CertForums is going to be like?

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

It is poking fun at another member – that’s the way I look at it anyway. Perhaps the other mods will disagree with me but that’s a separate matter.

No, but we are tasked with trying to help out one member against many well established members of this community – it isn’t easy to try and keep everyone happy. 8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  5. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Your wish is my command. I just saw the sig tonight and the point has already been raised out back.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  6. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

To all the infracted

It's not actually the content of the posts themselves but rather the whole intent of the thread (the second such thread). This is an obvious and deliberate attempt at trolling and pisstaking of kobem by many of the members which have been involved in many of his recent posts.

There is also a certain group of core members that seem to think that because they are long timers here they can do what they please including flaming, trolling and bullying and thinking they have more rights than short time members.

It's not a personal thing but we will no longer tolerate any behaviour like this. Therefore you were given the infractions as a wake up call. I hope we can change the general trend of this behaviour and bring CF back to the place it was once, a place where everybody could get the help they needed.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  7. ThomasMc

ThomasMc Gigabyte Poster

Like I said a bit harsh considering that I hardly partake in the above mentioned persons threads nor to my knowledge had any warnings to that effect.

8. Sparky

....but not the end of the world. :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
  9. Sparky

Right lads, Nugget has explained further the reason for the infractions so hopefully that clears things up for everyone. :thumbleft

10. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

The only person that has actually named someone is nugget and for the record since the person nugget has named never reads anyone elses threads but his own how is he going to see it?

Like I said in my thread if I get banned so be it, all I have ever tried to do as everyone else has over the last 4 years is tried to help the person.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  11. alexdc12

alexdc12 Kilobyte Poster

i got one too. Can you check my comments on kobems thread's? My comment was not aimed at anyone it was just dry sense of humour. Sorry if anyone was offended it was not my intentions

Certifications: GNVQ Advanced IT, CompTIA A+, CompTIA N+, 70-680
    WIP: 70-685, ITIL v3 Foundation
  12. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I dont think it matters anymore. For some reason the mods are siding with him/her/it regardless wether you were joking, commenting or being offensive even if the persons name isn't mentioned.

The infractions last a month you need 5 before you get banned so I only have one more to go and one of my infractions was my response to a private message that this person sent me where he/she/ it says that the posts on techexams were copied from here then he changed his/her/its mind and said that he/she/it was the poster on techexams.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  13. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Please, guys and gals calm down as I know we're all grown ups and should at least agree to disagree sometimes on issues be it if your right or vice versa.

It comes across as if you don't have your way you want to throw your toys out of the bag. I think if the mods think someone is trolling then they'd take the right action. To be honest I don't usually reply to these type of threads but its becoming too frequent now and this does not look professional.

Well, at least if someone is annoying by the threads they start we don't have to reply to it etc. Just my two pence worth of opinion anyway. Lets let peace be on certs forums:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  14. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Well in the department store I work in we send loads of packets vertically in vacuum tubes, so it must depend on the transport... :blink

Also everyone knows s%!t flows faster downhill so it depends on the content of the packets !

15. alexdc12

alexdc12 Kilobyte Poster

i had no idea this thread was meant to be aimed bt someone to me it looked like a humorous thread hence the witty reply!

Certifications: GNVQ Advanced IT, CompTIA A+, CompTIA N+, 70-680
    WIP: 70-685, ITIL v3 Foundation
  16. ThomasMc

ThomasMc Gigabyte Poster

Your wasting your breath alexdc, seems we are getting dragged into something we never took part in.

17. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

Worse than the ****ing police - find something useful to do

A thread which was having a laugh - at no point i can see how this referenced the almighty member who you mention

I'll shutup now and won't mention this again

</rant>

Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud
  18. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

It didn't need to reference the member for everyone to know that it was the piss being taken out of Kobem.

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  19. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Actually no, the thread itself was a humourous continuation of a light-hearted comment I made in another thread. Sure, it was in one of Kobem's threads, but it was clearly an attempt (the success of which depends on who you ask) at humour as the premise of the post was so ridiculous that anyone in IT could immediately see it for the parody it was.

This was merely a continuation of that idea in the same vein.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  20. LukeP

LukeP Gigabyte Poster

I agree with Fergal. I also explained it to SimonV. It wasn't meant to be pi55 take at anyone. I did find it funny and ridiculousness of it was blatant. I loved some of the responses I got and not so much the others.

It was indeed a contiunation of Fergal's response in other thread.

If you were able to associate this thread with one particular member it just shows how ridiculous questions that person asks. Don't tell me that he's not a troll and those questions are genuine. If you really think so... my question was genuine too.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2015
    WIP: Uhmm... not sure