September 11, 2001

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by tripwire45, Sep 12, 2003.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

My prayers to the victims, families and rescuers of the September 11th events. May G-d grant both mercy and justice.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  2. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Silent Night 911
    Author Unknown

You say you'll never forget where you were when you heard the news on September 11th, 2001. Neither will I.

I was on the one hundredth and tenth floor in a smoke filled room with a man who called his wife to say "goodbye". I held his fingers steady as he dialed, I gave him a piece to say "Honey I'm not going to make it, but it's okay I am ready to go." I was with his wife when he called as she fed breakfast to their children. I held her up as she tried to understand his words. And as she realized that he wasn't coming home that night.

I was in a stairwell of the twenty-third floor when a woman cried out to me for help. I've been knocking on the door of your heart for fifty years. I said, "of course I'll show you the way home, only believe in me now".

I was at the base of the building when the priest ministered to the injured and devastated souls. I took him home to tend his flock in heaven. He heard my voice and answered.

I was on all four of those planes in very seat, with every prayer. I was with the crew as they were overtaken. I was in the very hearts of the believers there, comforting and assuring them that thier faith would save them.

I was in Texas, Kansas, London, I was standing next to you when you heard the terrible news, "did you sense me?"

I want you to now that I saw every face, I knew every name though not all know me. Some met me for the first time on the eighty-sixth floor. Some sought me with their last breath. Some couldn't hear me calling to them through the smoke and flames, "come to me, this way, take my hand." Some chose for their final time to ignore me, but I was there. I did not place you in the tower that day. You may not know why, but I do.

However if you were in that explosive moment in time, "would you have reached for me?"

September 11th, 2001 was not the end of the journey for you, but someday your journey will end and I'll be there for you as well. "Seek me now while I may be found." Then at any moment you know you're ready to go I will be in the stairwell of your final moments. "Remember I love you."

In Memory to all those who lost their lives on
    Tuesday September 11, 2001

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  3. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Could I belatedly add my thoughts and sympathies to anyone, either closely or from a distance, connected with what happened that day.

I was thinking about it all day on Thursday, but chose not to post here regarding the events, as we are all new to this site, and so I felt it might not be right to bring the subject up, even though I wanted to.

So thanks for doing so, Trip. I'm sure every single person that visits our little corner of Humanity will sincerely echo all that has, and probably will soon, be written.

We will never forget where we were when we heard, but that is a luxury we have.

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  4. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Everyone

I can only add my thoughts to everything that has been said by the previous posters. We will always remember that day and where we were at the time. My heart and thoughts go out to the families and friend of those that suffered in this horrible action. Lets all pray that it should never happen again.

I think that now the day has past we can now talk freely about it.

SimonV - your post, in my opinion, was from the heart, and did bring a tear to my eye.

Andrew

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2015
    Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  5. Computermonkey

Computermonkey Bit Poster

I will never forget that day... what I was doing and what was going on in my mind... I was thinking about the families of the victims and how would they be able to handle this terrible thing when I couldn't handle it myself. For the longest time I had nightmares and I finally quit having them after about 3 months and finally could sleep normal again.

It took me a long long time to get over the terrible sadness I was constantly feeling, the crazy emotions I was having, and the constant bouts of crying, but now, two years later, I can freely talk about it.

My thoughts and prayers to all of the families that lost a loved one on that terrible day...

Certifications: A+
    WIP: Network+