Self Study???

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Eric Cartman, Mar 26, 2010.

1. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

I thought it wouldn't be long before the South Park references came out :biggrin

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

That's a very broad statement...

1. Volunteering is a way to gain "real-world" experience, so yes if you can try to do some volunteering. However not everyone does this, some are fortunate to gain their first job fresh without experience :)

2. It's never pay money to the bad training providers who guarantee you the earth, but delivery nothing do to the loop holes in the contract. I (as well as a few others) have worked for colleges and Universities, who deliver Microsoft, Cisco and Comptia courses and they weren't rip offs. But because they delivered non-academic courses they are classed as training providers. Plus also for some exams you have to attend a course delivered by a training provider (VMWare for instance, ITIL above foundation level, etc...).

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. Eric Cartman

Eric Cartman Bit Poster

Ah yes totaly understand what you are saying. I was mainly refering to those that are recruitment agencies who also provide training and the false promises.:D

But Im sure there are colleges who are very good as well.

Cartman