Second shot is back!!!!

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by JK2447, Jan 13, 2010.

1. delorean

delorean Megabyte Poster

Cheers champ, good luck with the 294 too. I do have news on HK but not really final yet so still waiting it out for Des Lynam to read out the 'final score'. :)

Certifications: A+, MCP 70-270, 70-290, 70-291
    WIP: 70-680, S+, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA
  2. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Thanks for the link James, as it's good to have this as a re-assurance you have to waste another £88:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  3. Ubergeek

Ubergeek Bit Poster

When I've paid for my own exams in the past, I've found that second shot took the pressure off during the first go.

Just told myself that the first go is a mock exam and if I pass, it's a bonus.

Having used it 7 times, I've not had to have a second go (Some of them were quite close - 725!).

Certifications: MCP, MCSA, MCSE 2K3
    WIP: VCP, MCSE 2K3 (Security)
  4. cisco lab rat

cisco lab rat Megabyte Poster

Yeaaaaah Baby! Yeaah!

I am going to tell all of my students about this one, Prometric is going to get caned!!!

Certifications: Yes I pretty much am!!
    WIP: Fizzicks Degree
  5. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

Sounds good for my couple this year!

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  6. Mr_Cellophane

Mr_Cellophane Nibble Poster

No - it has this ambiguous statement

Don't count on that 8)

Last edited: Jan 14, 2010
    Certifications: MCSE, MCDST, MCNE, PRINCE 2 and ITIL
    WIP: MCSE 2003
  7. Rik

Rik Nibble Poster

Brilliant!

This has come just at the right time, looking at taking my first MS exam within a month from now (70-271) and I can then get my skates on and go for my (70-272) and hopefully obtain my MCDST :)

8. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

And maybe a third?

Due to the **** up from CompTIA I might switch from Security+ to doing a refresher on the 291.:blink

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  9. crazy horse

crazy horse Byte Poster

Shared it with everyone at work....Thanks for the Info!

Now to study hard for the 70-680 :study

10. demarrer

demarrer Byte Poster

clucking bell. Thanks for the info. I think this could come in handy as it seems to be a bit of a microsoft year for me at the moment. :biggrin

Certifications: A+, Security +, CCNA, CCSA
    WIP: music, (dreaming of) CCIE Security :D
  11. AndreK

AndreK Bit Poster

Question about second shot, currently trying to book an exam but after entering the voucher number I don't get any confirmation that the voucher has been accepted, is this working as intended? do I just carry on filling in payment details and i'll get a confirmation in the email afterwards?

Thanks

12. Mr_Cellophane

Is this your first or second time taking this exam ?

13. AndreK

AndreK Bit Poster

Will be the 1st time.

14. Mr_Cellophane

Well you might pass and not have to worry about it. :biggrin

I would put the number in and pay the £88 (?) as normal. Make sure you have an new number if you need to retake just in case this isn't the correct time to put the number in.

15. AndreK

AndreK Bit Poster

Come on guys I know some of you have used this before, any insight?

16. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

As long as you use the 2nd shot code when you book your first exam you should be registered if you fail it to get the 2nd shot. If your unsure then ring them to check everything is ok.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011