Second Network Adapter

Discussion in 'Wireless' started by Ozzy2k7, Oct 27, 2007.

1. Ozzy2k7

Ozzy2k7 Nibble Poster

I'm trying to connect a second wireless adapter on one of my vista machines (so I have 2 on that machine connected to the same network) so I can let on of my VM's use that with sole access.

The problem is sometimes it will connect without a problem then it will just disconnect and I can't connect it again.

any ideas???

WIP: A+ Network+
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Any driver updates for the second wireless adapter or a firmware update for the router?

Do you have any encryption on the wireless connection? Also when the connection drops what happens when you try to reconnect, is there a error message?

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. Ozzy2k7

Ozzy2k7 Nibble Poster

yeah I've already tried looking for Drivers and I've got the latest.

I'm using WPA but when it disconnects it doesn't come up with any error, the same with reconnecting apart from it tells your already connected (which is true but its the other adapter.

Ozzy

4. Sparky

Is there a pattern to when the connection drops? Can you put a constant ping on both interfaces from another PC\laptop and leave it running for a while and see if the connection drops.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
  5. Ozzy2k7

Ozzy2k7 Nibble Poster

Well got it all sorted I reinstalled the adapter and it works. Odd as I'd tried that twice before.

Thanks for the advice

6. Sparky

Glad all is sorted now mate :thumbleft