Second Interview delima...

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by momer79, Mar 5, 2011.

1. momer79

momer79 Bit Poster

Hi,

I applied for the position of system developer in livingston last week and i was asked to attend the second interview in their head office after having a very good first telephone interview. I was told that the company is looking for more than two developers.

I changed the interview time twice because i wasn't able to take time off from work, later company emailed me saying that they can't progress my application and didn't give me any reason. Next morning i called them and asked about the reason, they told me that they have given the job to local candidate and the position is closed now.

That position is still open as it is appearing on their website and they update the website everyday.

I think they decided to not to proceed my application because of changing the interview time twice. I really like the job, should i send the letter to the IT director saying that they should reconsider my application and at least give me a chance for a second interview?

Thanks

2. alexdc12

alexdc12 Kilobyte Poster

Go for it! Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Certifications: GNVQ Advanced IT, CompTIA A+, CompTIA N+, 70-680
    WIP: 70-685, ITIL v3 Foundation
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I'm going to play devil's advocate now (and blunt)...

The thing is, they did give you a chance - two chances already. So what you're really asking for is a 3rd chance. So far you're not impressing the company, if you couldn't make the two appointments that you changed, what's going to be different the 3rd time?

However...

Go for it, write the letter. After all worst case scenario they can say, "No". Best case scenario they can say, "Yes" and you have a new job.

Make sure that the letter that you end up writing is spot on. You want it just right so that it doesn't get thrown in the bin straight away and enough of you in it so that they are thinking about you like they did at the end of the phone interview.

That's my 2 cents, anyway...

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security