Sec + and 70-620

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by noel123ie, Jan 14, 2009.

1. noel123ie

noel123ie Nibble Poster

Hi there

I am taking these exams in 2 weeks and hope to pass them 1st time

For the Sec + Ive done a course locally and for 70-620 Ive used CBT Nuggets and read book and study guides

Im just wondering now where to next I could

1 Do the MCSA on Server 2003 using the sec + as an elective
    2 Do the MCSA on Server 2003 not using the sec + as an elective but as another certicications
    3 Do the mcsa on server 2008 - would this be Server/Enterprise MCITP.

I currently work at Level 1 on a helpdesk and understand I need experience to match up qualification. I will be applying for jobs after I get my first two certs under my belt.

I am cautious about moving jobs in current climate so if I am not sucessful in getting an appropriate job Ill continue on the certification path as in the study frame of mind.

Ive also a Diploma in IT Support which gives me knowledge above Network and A+ level.

Thanks for reading and help
    Noel

Certifications: MCSA Sec+
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Me personally I would recommend (as you are level 1 - helpdesk) doing the MCSA 2k3 with the sec+ as the elective and the 70-620 as the client exam.

Then do the other 2 exams to complete the MCSA 2k3, after that do the upgrade exams for the MCITP: SA.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

I shouldnt worry too much about moving jobs, companies private and public are at risk all the time of failing or suffering and having to swish the axe at random amounts of employees. Yes perhaps you may need to investigate a bit more on the company you are applying for a job with but I wouldnt worry about it too much.

Personally I'm looking to move on working in public sector you may have thought my job was safe, however normally last in first out applies to me plus we are merging with another council and also budgets are being reduced, hence I'm at just as much risk here as I am starting afresh somewhere new.

OH yes and wagnerk's advice is spot on!

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing