Scheidegger

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by lonestar, Apr 4, 2005.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

It happens. Sigh. :rolleyes:

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  2. Hello World

Hello World Nibble Poster

I think in the end we are just gonna have to add all known training providers names to the swear filter.

WIP: CCNA 1, IT Essentials 1(A+)
  3. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

You're all cynics :)

I'm a saleswoman, but I sell concrete and natural stone slabs, not Scheidegger courses. You can torture me later if you like to check :rolleyes:

Even if Ironside is a 'salesman', he has a point.

A lot of people whinge about the long distance/private college courses on offer after they've signed up, saying they've been 'duped by a salesman'. Or is it that they realise they've paid a shedload of money for something they suddenly don't have the enthusiasm to do - eg, balancing full time work, maintaining a home, and studying for a qualification.

Another complaint is course materials - if you could learn everything you needed to know about something from a small ringbinder you get sent mail order - well, it just doesn't happen, does it? Voluntary learning is called voluntary for a reason. Extra learning, extra research - at school, your tutor didn't tell you all you needed to know. You had to get off your butt and do the graft yourself.

I'm sorry this is turning into a rant. And I know there are 'mistakes' in the Scheidegger courses. But there a plugholes. Mine is called Certforums *plug*

At the end of the day, if you're intelligent enough to be taking a computing course to the extent of a lot of the people here, then you're too intelligent to be won over by some smarmy get in a suit selling you an IT course. Say no, buy the Sybex text, and D.I.Y

Rant over. Course paid for. Study underway.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  4. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

But, the good thing about salesmen is that they are subtle.
    They observe for a while, test the mood, figure out what makes their audience tick, put together a stategy, empathize with the people, establish a balanced argument - and then jump out of a box and shout 'BRILLIANT'.
    It brings a tear to my eye.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  5. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

At CF, we don't mind reps from training providers posting as long as they identify themselves. We have gotten spammed by reps or shills from time to time. Having said that, I also have to admit that it's no crime for a person to actually like their training provider and post their opinion. I do kind of mind people creating a member account for the sole purpose of saying "My training provider is terrific" and either never hearing from them again or never hearing anything else out of them.

6. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

It's a difficult situation. I think that my training provider has been great. However, whenever I say so, a couple of first-posters swoop down and rip me to pieces. I sometimes almost feel intimidated about mentioning my 'training providers' name because I don't want a fight.
    On the one hand, this is not the place to advertise in an underhand manner, yet don't we have a duty to share information about when a training provider has helped or hindered us?
    At some points in the day it spooks me about how many 'guests' there are watching sometimes...

It's late, and I'm tired.
    Night.

Paranoia

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  7. roman

roman New Member

I had a good experience with Scheidegger too. I went on the IT Skills for commerce and it helped me a lot. Some people have said there was not enough practical work and it would be helpful if there is a practical session after each subject (word, spreadsheets, powerpoint, database).

My tutors explained everything well and encouraged me, and this made up for the practical experience I felt I needed. They helped me a lot not to give up which is an important thing.

8. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

Roman, welcome to CertForums. Glad to hear that you had a good experience with this particular provider. Hope you can also share other experiences with the rest of us here. When you have a moment, please go up to the New Members Introduction forum and let us know a bit about yourself. We'd like to know how you found us and how we can be of service to you. Cheers. :)

9. ez250i

ez250i Banned

Lonestar & roman
    These two, to me, don't seem like very good liars. Both have only made 1 post, only involving, sticking up for Scheidegger.

That's just my opinion, maybe I know best...
    Beware

10. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

ez250i,

From your first 2 posts, you make some strong allegations about individuals, and the company they comment about. Whilst their comments may not be substantiated, neither can yours.

You accuse others' posting styles - yours seems a bit flame-orientated at the same time. If your sole intention is to join CertForums to air a personal grievance, then we will not welcome that. If you join for genuine reasons, then please do what the majority of our Members do, and take the time to introduce yourself in the New Members Forum

Thanks.

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity