Scheidegger/skills train A+/N+ course

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by farmer, Jun 24, 2005.

1. aleksmann

aleksmann Bit Poster

EDIT SG: Content Removed Pending Mod Review

2. aleksmann

aleksmann Bit Poster

EDIT SG: Content Removed Pending Mod Review

3. Em

Em Bit Poster

I took a year off and they extented my course until january 2007, they have been good to me. I am now on java part b (again) and so far good grades are coming through! Sorry to hear about both trouble with them!? :rolleyes:

Certifications: Diploma level3 Web Design?
    WIP: CIW
  4. aleksmann

aleksmann Bit Poster

The truth about Scheidegger been removed. Now live your dream

5. Clyde

Clyde Megabyte Poster

grow up, there are legal issues to be taken into account.

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: MCITP
  6. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Aleksmann - The content of your posts has been removed because I felt that it's content contraviened our Terms and Conditions. If it is felt that your posts are valid they will in time be restored.

Posting evidence of your personal correspondence with your training provider could severely land CF in trouble with them, as this is an issue that you personaly have with them.

Whilst no one here at CF wishes to see anyone get in 'over their heads' we have to maintian a dignified stance.

8)

7. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Good response, Simon. :)

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  8. Em

Em Bit Poster

My o my! I was only gone an hour or so and it all turned serious. Good luck to those who don't get on with Scheidegger, but each case is different! I think they are Ok! :biggrin

Certifications: Diploma level3 Web Design?
    WIP: CIW
  9. aleksmann

aleksmann Bit Poster

I dont wanna drop you guys in a Sh*t I just wanted express personal matter and how they resolved it, so everyone could see it, thats all. And showing the original letter is my proof that I'm not bullsh*****g others. Sorry if this could drop you in hot waters.
    P.S. recently I approached one forum regarding Scheidegger matter like mine and IP address of positive reply about scheidegger was the same as Scheidegger Tutor's, only difference was nickname. :D Thats clever
    P.S.S. Shame you cut the part regarding qualifications you get with Scheidegger

10. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

OK, aleksmann, time to stop talking and listen.

You have, since you signed up to Certforums (which, by doing, you accepted our aforementioned Terms & Conditions ) posted on one subject and one subject alone - a personal vendetta against a training provider with which you have a grievance with the services provided by this company, or not, as the case may be. This remains an issue between yourself and your training provider, and will only be resolved by dialogue between you and the training provider. Certforums will not stand by to provide a means for you to launch a ranting ground with whatever evidence you feel you have in order to resolve this grievance. This is not why we exist.

Certforums is a voluntary site for those involved in training in IT certifications by whatever means, for a common good. We will not provide a platform for allegations to be made against a specifically-named training provider, regardless of the evidence that you feel you have. We are legally liable for the content posted on this site, and as such, the material you have posted to date now leaves us in a position to say that this is no longer acceptable.

You have repeatedly ignored the warnings from the Staff here at Certforums, both privately and publicly, and have persisted in using inflammatory language throughout - again, unacceptable, as per our Rules & Guidelines.

Lastly. and in my personal opinion, most importantly, you have repeatedly questioned our neutrality with regards to affiliations with training providers in this country (or further afield, it matters not). I will state again in this reply to you, as I have done to others in the past - Certforums is affiliated to no company, no individuals, no product, nor any IT-related facility either within the UK, or beyond. I will defend till my last the fact that myself and the Staff here exhibit complete and without exception, unbiased neutrality with regards to any training company, organisation, provider, individual, or otherwise. What we do here is for the Members of Certforums, no more, no less.

I will as always invite you to contact me, or any of the Staff here if you wish to discuss this issue further. Other than that, I must advise you that if you continue to disregard the cautions to date, you face a one month ban of your membership of Certforums.

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  11. Lord Deckard

Lord Deckard Byte Poster

Sounds like I'm just a little bit ahead of you! Done the Scheidegger A+ mocks and got my A+ exams booked for the end of the month. You may notice that the mock includes essay style questions but I think thats just to get you thinking more about how you'd practically apply your knowledge. As you may know, the actual A+ is multiple choice.
    Longest I've had to wait for the next module on my course has been a week, which isn't too bad, and I usually get my TMA results in about 2-3 days. Done a lot of PC building before so I was ripping through the modules and answering the questions in one sitting so it was just a case of completing the next TMA when I got the unlock code.
    Picked up the Meyers A+ all in one book as well (very useful) and I'm using every self testing site and tool I can get my hands on! If you've got access to more than one PC and OS, you'll find the experience you can gain from that very useful as well.
    Not got anywhere near as much experience of networking, just wiring and configuring a few home networks. Definitely finding the N+ more interesting but I'll be investing in one of the N+ books soon.

Certifications: A+, MCDST
    WIP: N+ and CCNA
  12. darrenecm

darrenecm Bit Poster

Hey all.

I'm also doing the same Schiedegger A+/N+ course as the thread starter. I haven't had any reason to complain about the speed with which TMA's are marked and results sent back (usually 2 days at most for me). Just sent in TMA 3 so that's where I'm at at the moment.

The post from knightofnuada about his feeling that the Schiedegger course material doesn't seem comprehensive enough to get you through the CompTIA exam rings true with me on a certain level from what course material I've read so far. For A+ this doesn't seem too much of an issue because the additional material for the 2003 objectives isn't major compared to 2001 (newer memory types and such). I've also been steadily building PCs over the months and have naturally assimilated this knowledge anyway.

I did see Psycow's post about his view on the N+ and this is where I'm looking for confirmation. I'm quite rusty on networking technologies and I would guess this field changes more rapidly than standard PC hardware architecture and operating system technology. I'm really looking forward to this section of the course. However, if course material is out of date here wouldn't that imply someone taking the official CompTIA exam would be in for a disastrous time?

I need to speak with a tutor today on a seperate matter so I'll bring up this N+ course material currency query. Am I right in assuming that the N+ syllabus should be based on the CompTIA N+ 2005 objectives?

Addendum:
    Hmm, just realised the thread starter also mentions he gets his TMA results back on the same day via email. When I send in my TMAs online I only get results back via post. Should I too get results via email?

WIP: A+, N+
  13. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Darren,

Depending on the age of Psycow's post (didn't check when it was written before pressing reply!) Scheidegger stopped email submissions/replies I think around 12 months ago. I submit my TMAs online as it's the quickest method, but have never received an email reply; there should be a note on the website that refers to it.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  14. darrenecm

darrenecm Bit Poster

Thanks Arroryn.

The printed results in the Student Progress Reports I've been getting through the post do explain that the actual TMA submission process has changed but there's no mention of results via email being abandoned in favour of post. I just thought I may be missing out on something :)

Sending results via email would make for a more responsive learning process. Although at the moment my TMA results usually arrive within 2 days the website does say to allow 6-8 working days (a little too long in my opinion).

I'll contact a Schiedegger/Skillstrain rep and see if this is an option.

WIP: A+, N+
  15. aleksmann

aleksmann Bit Poster

OK OK OK I got it :cry:

16. intrigue

intrigue New Member

glad to finally see some good responses, i just started my N+ with them and will send in my TMA1 tonight so im hoping that will be sent back quickly.
    Glad people are doing well and hopefully that will always be the case
    good luck
    .matt

Certifications: -
    WIP: N+, MCSE
  17. farmer

farmer Byte Poster

Certifications: C&G level 2, ECDL, IC3, MOS
    WIP: city and guilds level3 , a+
  18. SG#202

SG#202 New Member

Hi. Im another Scheidegger/Skills trainee. Started a few weeks ago, but was working moving in properly, having a phoneline, broadband and sky installed, and so have just started working on it. I know my way around technology pretty well, and probably like loads of you collect LOADS of gadgets. Anyway, i just got results for 1st Assignment. Easy! Hopefully it'll pick up now, and i can earn the wage im almost capable of already.

Also, anyone know what id need extra (chips/electrics/etc) to fix my Palm M100 (PDA) to a robosapien? I want to run scripts and sure i could. Just a little bit stumped.

Certifications: HND in ICT
    WIP: A+/N+/MCSA/MCSE
  19. Weemez

Weemez Kilobyte Poster

Hey guys and Gals,

Just wondering as you are mentioning about the results coming by post, do you guys have access to the student world web site that they recenlty sent me information about. This must be an upgrade to their older version and i have to say it is far more informative, a lot more professional looking and also includes some handy watch and learn files that you can view.

In this there is also a section on student progress in your personal account that displays your TMA results. These tend to be displayed before i recieve my TMA results by post.

Certifications: HNC Computing A+ N+ ICND1
    WIP: ICND2