Scheidegger-Help

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by pawedward, Nov 2, 2004.

1. pawedward

pawedward New Member

Hi-From Edwardpaw
    I’ve come to a point were I need to decide do I spend two thousand pounds with Scheidegger. I’ve been in contact with them for the last few weeks regarding the following course. P.C. Engineer (A+) and Net working (N+). Can any one tell me would it be money well spent or would I be better off doing the course by Learn Direct? Or maybe open university and save a lot of money? As any one dune the above courses who can help or advise me.
    :cry:

2. Firthy2002

Firthy2002 Byte Poster

I'm currently taking their NetPro course (A+/N+). The course itself is ok, although I've yet to see the justification of the £2000 price tag.

If you've got absolutely zero knowledge and experience with PCs this is a good course. The support is fantastic, and if you submit your asssignments online the turnaround can be as short as 3 days!

The learning materials are also very good, the book covers a lot of stuff in depth and there's some interactive stuff that's also pretty good.

You get 14 months to complete the course and I think you have to pay extra if you need more time.

My only gripe is the fact that the interactive training and assignments are code locked on the CDs, which means you have to wait until you get the previous one back to do the next one, which is annoying if like me you want to crack on with the next assignment.

If you've got any questions just drop me a PM.

Certifications: None currently
    WIP: CompTIA A+ & Network+
  3. Inqueision

Inqueision Bit Poster

hey paw i was looking through this forum while "just" signing up for a course ive now decide to take the alternate route,
    do the a+ and n+ on my own and then just pay for the exams when i ready, then go on to the next stage after that (which ever that will be?)

Dave

WIP: A+ & Network+ now, not mcse (yet)
  4. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Hi Edward glad you could join us. Best advice I can give is have a darn good look through the forums and see other peoples advice and how they did it. Going it alone takes a lot of self discipline but you've got one of the best rescources on the net right at your fingertips.

:iluvcf

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  5. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

They've said it all, and I agree.

Welcome Edward :D

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  6. punkboy101
    Honorary Member

punkboy101 Back from the wilderness

Echo Jak, Welcome to Certforums pawedward :!: :D :thumbleft

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: Nada
  7. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Welcome to the forums Edward. As far as I've seen here Scheidegger have a reasonably good reputation but don't rush into it. Maybe buy an A+ book and start with that. Later if you like it but find it hard on your own then look at courses.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685