Scheduled JK0-018 for next month......need help on study resources

Discussion in 'Security+' started by nhaos628, Jun 20, 2014.

1. nhaos628

nhaos628 New Member

I currently am reviewing through TestOut and have the Emmet Dulaney Security + book fifth edition. How different is the JK0-018 from the SY0-301? Thanks again.

2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

There is no difference between the SY0-301 and JK0-018 apart from what program it belongs to (just like what the difference is between the 70-687, the 72-687 and the 73-687).

The SY0 one is normally the standard price one that you can purchase online, the JK0 one is the one that you can purchase via CompTIA Academy Partner, normally when you do a course thru them, work for them, etc. (partners would normally buy them in bulk and get some sort of discount because of the amount they purchase which then they can pass onto the test taker)

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. nhaos628

nhaos628 New Member

What areas does the SY0-301 exam concentrate on?

4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

You can see the objectives here. As for the questions and types of questions, well it is "randomised", picked from a pool of questions, so each exam is different.

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. MDCasey

MDCasey New Member

Agreed that going through CompTIA's certified study materials portals is a good place to start. A lot of the tests and classes there charge, just FYI. I really like Skillset.com for free tests as well because they have a huge amount of questions. (Otherwise you'll spend an hour Googling for free practice questions). The goal there is to practice, practice, practice and the site helps point out which skill areas you need the most work in.

WIP: PMP
  6. simonjenkins

simonjenkins Bit Poster

I agree with everything Casey says, practice, practice, practice.

Certifications: CCNA, CCNP, MCSE, ITIL, CISSP, CEH