Runtime Error

Discussion in 'Web Development & Web Hosting' started by darius28, Apr 13, 2008.

1. darius28

darius28 New Member

I was wondering if anyone could help me solve a problem which I cannot solve.

I have made a website in ASP.net with flash control which works perfectly on my machine, however when I put it up on my webhost I recive the following error:

Server Error in '/' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Runtime Error
    Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
    <customErrors mode="Off"/>
    </system.web>
    </configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
    <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
    </system.web>
    </configuration>

WIP: CIW