Roxio Easy CD DVD CREATOR ????????

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Co9, Jul 9, 2009.

1. Co9

Co9 Nibble Poster

Dear all - am attempting to download AVG 8.5 - keeps coming up with the scenario posted below :

When loading AVG8.5 a message is provided that advises the software has a conflict with ROXIO CD burner and directs the user to the ROXIO.COM web site for resolution with an upgrade to the embedded software for Easy CD & DVD Creater 6.
    When you get to the site, you find out that Easy CD & DVD Creater 6 are legacy programs and you are advised to call the inside sales team (number provided).
    When you contact the inside sales team, they do not know anything about Easy CD & DVD Creater 6 or any upgrades thereto. They advised me to come to this forum to seek information. RENE LAMARCHE

I am presuming this to be a bogus invitation to download a virus as there is no existing Easy CD DVD CREATOR to upgrade on the system. Presumably also a link has been built into the search result I've selected to down load AVG. Is it simply a matter of choosing another site without this Roxio program asking me to upgrade prior to getting full access to download 8.5 AVG ??????

Kind Regards

Co9 :dry

WIP: A+
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

OK, first of all, which version of AVG are you trying to download?

AVG Anti-virus 8.5 Free or
    AVG 8.5 Premium for Free?

If it's the first one, click here. If it's the second one, then you'll have to purchase or upgrade a certain piece of software as the second one is free only thru TrialPay.

Apart from that, you may want to see here regarding AVG 8.5 and Roxio CDR4 module clash.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Where are you downloading it from?

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

This

I would also like to know please.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. delorean

delorean Megabyte Poster

Sort of OT but anyway, I have always liked using www.cdburnerxp.se as it's freeware and just as good as any commercial software on the market today.

Certifications: A+, MCP 70-270, 70-290, 70-291
    WIP: 70-680, S+, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA
  6. ThomasMc

ThomasMc Gigabyte Poster

I second that, shame I can't figure out how to do multi copies though :dry

Certifications: MCDST|FtOCC
    WIP: MCSA(70-270|70-290|70-291)