Rip Off Britain

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by laup, Mar 8, 2007.

1. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

If that tax was removed then the government wouldn't have the money to build and maintain the transport infrastructure and you wouldn't have all those lovely roads and motorways that you currently enjoy.:D

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  2. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Been over here lately?

:D

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  3. laup

laup Byte Poster

Well i just took voucher exam for 640-801 so that give me 50% off so im quite happy now :D roll on... next thursday.

But then again u lot bought up petrol prices so im now gonna go wine bout that :>

Americans tend to pay for the us gallon what we pay for the litre which is diabolical. Perhaps we ought to kick yanks out of iraq and take control of the oil ourselfs instead of helping them control it :>

Certifications: IC3,A+, N+, 70-270, CCNA
    WIP: CCDA/Job :>
  4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

:lol: or we could actually stop importing/producing gas-hungry cars (anything above 2 litres) and start investing in alternative fuels

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. Headache

Headache Gigabyte Poster

Lovely roads ? No such thing. The last time I drove on the M25 there's was no enjoyment there. Just plain torture. Plus we're already paying road tax, which goes up every year. Plus they expanded the congestion zone in London. You have to pay through the nose for that as well.

They're killing us, that's what they doing.

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  6. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Then it's lucky for you lot that the smokers among you cough up enough tax money for the government to provide the fantastic NHS.:twisted:

*runs away quickly to hide*

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
  7. Headache

Headache Gigabyte Poster

Oh, and has anyone been following the latest proposals to charge drivers by the mile ? Apparently, it's about 2p per mile for country roads, rising gradually to about £1.50 by the time you arrive in the city centre.

Right now it's just a proposal. But if it does become law then there are some people who would be paying something in the neighborhood of about 30 quid a day or more !

8. Headache

Headache Gigabyte Poster

HA !

Don't get me started on the NHS. You'll have me foaming at the mouth in a second.

9. Quarky

Quarky Byte Poster

Tax, Tax, Tax.

I cant go into a lengthy post here, i will no doubt collapse from stress.

But, i'd like to say that i STILL cannot get to grips with being taxed on the interest money earns in my bank account !!!

Not that i've got any, its just the principle.

Thats, it, my head's about to explode !!!! :eek:

Certifications: A+,270,271,272 (MCDST)
    WIP: Master CIW
  10. oggler

oggler Byte Poster

Rubbish.

If the tax was removed, we would not see the government bombing wedding parties and children's schools in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Certifications: A+, N+, Sec+, MCSA W2k3-Security, CEH
    WIP: CWNA, CWSP, CISSP
  11. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Please do! You can babysit the Iraqis, and we'll just save the money we're having to spend over there. ;)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  12. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

That's one of the reasons we broke apart from the motherland. 8)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  13. Quarky

Quarky Byte Poster

I actually don't mind paying taxes, i understand the necessity of it all and will happily chip in.

I think most people are the same, but its the humungous WASTING of it all thats the real crime.

Tax, tax, tax, waste, waste, waste = more taxes. Its never ending.

Certifications: A+,270,271,272 (MCDST)
    WIP: Master CIW
  14. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

The NHS can help you with that. :twisted:

They've got your tax money so you may as well use it.:p

15. Headache

Headache Gigabyte Poster

That's the same as wishing me a slow and gradual choking to death on my own foam.

And before you say it, no. I don't want to hear nothing about the mortuary that my taxes built either.

16. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Me too, they stung me once too often 8)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  17. Gaiden

Gaiden Bit Poster

Hey Wagnerk have you ever bought any of the exams from www.getcertify4less.com ?? Checked them out and the prices are really good so i wouldn't mind buying a few exam vouchers from them.
    Just want to make sure that i don't purchase it, then show up at a testing center and be laughed out of the place.

Certifications: MCSA, Security+
  18. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Plenty people have used them from here with no problems. If i understand correctly, you quote your code when you book your exam, and that counts for the payment.

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  19. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Yep, bought almost all my exam vocuhers from there, and I'm not the only one. Just remember when you buy for them, make sure that you buy the vouchers for your area. For example buy the US version if you intend to take your exam in the US, or Euro if on mainland europe, or UK if you're going to take the exam in the UK.

Once you get your voucher code from getcertify4less, then book your exam on Vue's/prometric's website. When it comes to payment, type in the voucher number otherwise they will ask for payment again. Remember to give at least a day's grace in order for the testing centre to download your exam on the overnight run.

hope this helps

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security