Right, that's it!

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Boycie, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

After attending the free webinars Joe kindly made available to the members of CF, I can't give them up and decided to attend the recently advertised online CCNA course.

The plan was (is) to attend the classroom course and this will be an excellent head start.

For those who haven't attended, I can only describe them as "the classroom in your living room". As someone who has used (and using!) self study, e-learning from MS, classroom courses, delivered training and worked for a "mainstream" distance learning provider I can honestly say this is the "real deal".

If you want to learning networking and Cisco (real engineer gotya's and not just slideshows and margin to margin curriculum) then it's well worth a look.

Joe - I know you have covered subnetting and OSI in your webinars to date but do you have any future plans for perhaps N+ online?

Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
    Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  2. cisco lab rat

cisco lab rat Megabyte Poster

Yes is the answer to that question, I am in the middle of drawing up a time table.

After the whole Comptia debacle I was considering was there any mileage in the N+. The answer is yes. Even if you never do the exam it is still knowledge, and knowledge if used never goes. the N+ is still a very good foundation for further studies, re-certify or not it is still a worth while lump of knowledge to have between the ears.

Ultimately we all know that Comptia can't roll up after three years and claim the knowledge back because you don't re-certify, only the Devil does that, and he gives you 7 years of good living in exchange for your soul. Comptias mistake was to believe they were bigger than their customers, remember Ratner!!!

Boyce likes the webinars for the wind down at the end where I take requests to draw pictures Rolf Harris style, I heard you laughing, don't deny it!!!

Certifications: Yes I pretty much am!!
    WIP: Fizzicks Degree