Researching a company

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by zxspectrum, Aug 17, 2013.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

So with the interview being next week ive started to look into my possible future employers with some suprising results as these are very big indeed, Global to be more specific

So how much should i go into this?? obviously i am there as an IT man, would a one page document cover me for this, with just the basics of who they are, when they were formed etc do with a little bit of background???

I know they wont exactly quiz me on this so how should i bring it up, that ive sat down and researched them on a saturday night, instead of partying??

And also how much have you lot gone into researching someone

ZX

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Should be enough mate – find out their turnover\staff numbers etc. if you can.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Try to be a little different - everyone that knows the "what do you know about us" question knows the basics by going to the company website and checking "about us".

You're in IT. Prove it. Google them. Dig out transactions, interactions, customer base / customer opinions. See what they follow on LinkedIn. See what articles they've put on LinkedIn. If I was being very cheeky I'd check out the FB and Twitter accounts of some of their people and see what you can *really* see ;)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  4. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Find their annual report, stock price, recent financial news. Google/FB the people who will interview you. Do a whois on their domains etc. Find out where their offices are around the world. etc.