Reputable Recruitment Company in Lancashire

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by mark8par, Jun 9, 2009.

1. mark8par

mark8par Bit Poster

I am looking start training for the Comp TIA Certification but i wanted to contact a couple of recruitment agencies (possibly local) just to get some feedback on what i am hoping to acheive etc. The problem is it just seems like and absolute minefield with all thew different agencies, has anybody had a particular good experience with one and would recommend it. I live in the lancashire area.

Mark

2. mcbro

mcbro Byte Poster

Dont know about locally to you but the itjobsboard website listed these companies as the top recruiters;
    Computer Futures
    Connections Recruitment
    Huxley Associates
    Elan IT
    Reed Technology
    Harvey & Nash
    Computer People

Certifications: MCITP:EA, CCNA
  3. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

If you search the forums you'll find numerous threads with jobsites and recruiters listed. Being local isn't essential these days as most deal via the 'net and will still ask you to email in a CV even if you take a hardcopy to their offices.

Just another point - you've posted many threads today with a similar theme to them an also keep referring to CompTIA. Note that this is not a certification itself. There are many different CompTia certifications (see here) and CompTIA are just the certifying body (a bit like an exam board).

Most new entrants to the IT profession with no expereince or knowledge are advised to take the A+ and then N+ certifications but after that there are many routes that can be followed - some with specific vendor certs (such as Microsoft) and others more general in nature.

If you have a good look around the various sections on here you'll find the information you need but also search around the web too. Part of working in IT is having an enquiring mind and being able to research ! :biggrin

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  4. LukeP

LukeP Gigabyte Poster

On my CV drop-off trip I've taken 25 copies of my CV with me. I brought 22 home as well as 32 business cards with email address as CV has to go into a database and it's an automated process I belive.
    Besides you wouldn't really want anyone to type your CV into the database manually, would you?
    Imagine all those typos: Wundows Sirver 2001 Professinal

WIP: Uhmm... not sure
  5. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Dammit, I knew there was a cert I'd missed! :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada