Repeating Questions in MCTS Retake

Discussion in 'MCAD / MCSD / MCPD' started by 2Ton, Mar 27, 2012.

1. 2Ton

2Ton New Member

Hi,
    I have just failed exam 70-516 with a score of 680. I am keen to retake the exam as I only narrowly failed. what are the possibilities of questions I received today re-appearing in my retake in a couple of weeks time? I understand that there must be a pool of available questions but is the software clever enough to exclude any questions from that pool that were in my first test. Microsoft / the system must know I have already sat the exam as I suspect I will have the same candidate ID.

Basically I want to know if it's worth going over the questions i struggled with.

Thanks

Stephen

2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Go over the subject matter you failed on, there will be a large pool of questions and it's not really worth the price of an exam to risk getting repeat questions.

As a rule tho, chances are you 'may' received 1 or 2 repeat questions but you could also just get an entire new exam.

The longer an exam has been out the larger the question pool is.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  3. Boffy

Boffy Megabyte Poster

Too bad about on the result. However, regardless of the questions you hope for in the next exam, you failed and should definitely study on the areas you're weak on.

No one offically knows the amount of questions in the pool, but I'd be pretty confident in saying you're just going to get random questions - I doubt it will alter or re-consider your previous exam questions.

Certifications: BSc Computer Game Technology, A+
    WIP: MOS 2010