Register for Visual Studio 2010 Beta Exams

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Kitkatninja, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Register for Visual Studio 2010 Beta Exams

For all those software engineers/programmers out there...

You are invited to take part in one or more beta exams for Visual Studio 2010 and the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.

If you pass one of the beta exams, the exam credit will be added to your transcript and you will not need to take the exam in its released form. The 71-xxx identifier is used for registering for beta versions of MCP exams, when the exam is released in its final form the 70-xxx identifier is used for registration.
    By participating in beta exams, you have the opportunity to provide the Microsoft Certification program with feedback about exam content, which is integral to development of exams in their released version. We depend on the contributions of experienced IT professionals and developers as we continually improve exam content and maintain the value of Microsoft certifications. The following exams are a part of this beta offering.

See here.

Not sure how many seats are still available, as beta period started April the 5th and will run until the 30th. However 150 more seats per exam have already been added :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  2. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Tempting, but I dont think my knowledge is wide enough to pass official exams (yet), let alone the beta for a product ive never used.

That said, perhaps I should anyway - the worst that could happen would be a fail, right?

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  3. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Go for it ! :biggrin

Nothing to lose and all to gain !

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

For those that will be going for either these or the live exams, this may be of some use :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security