Regarding Fraser Mckenzie

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by LazyRyda, Aug 24, 2009.

1. oush

oush Byte Poster

I just cant stop laughing at how naive and stupid people can be. ALWAYS ALWAYS DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE YOU BUY ANYTHING!!!

Certifications: MCITP: EA, Linux+, CCNA, CCDA
    WIP: CCIP
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

No, this is not a consumer complaint forum, and the TP bashing threads have certainly gotten out of hand. But every post on here regarding TPs is another bullet to dissuade others from making the same mistake. Bad TPs are going to keep ripping people off until people decide to stop giving them their money, and people aren't going to stop doing that if they don't have a way to hear about the dangers. We tell people to do their research... and they SHOULD. But how do you expect them to do their research if everyone turns away those who post about bad TPs??

Just saying. Every post that mentions a bad TP = another handful of people led down the right path.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. Handyman

Handyman Bit Poster

Forgive me if I misunderstand this in any way.

You have a forum section descibed as follows:

'For discussion of all issues related to training providers, training methods and best practices.'

And also one described as:

'Have you found employment from certification or are you still searching? Did you get that job and can you help others?'

There was a training company (FM) that had the sole intention of preying on people and convincing them that they can make a change in their lives through training and get a career in IT. This company's dispicable actions needs to be made known and posting on forums such as this (an IT training forum afterall) helped to spread the word.

I'm sure those of you that have purchased your training from reputable providers are happy with your training but because those that have been swindled by FM try find a voice on your forum is no reason to attack them and call them stupid for trying to help others and get the word out.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation, BTEC Nat Computing
    WIP: CCNA
  4. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

We're just a little fed up of a lot of the "consumer affairs" type posts we've been getting with great long copies of letters in them. We're not here to provide a support group for those taking action against TP's

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  5. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

I'll try and add further claification.

The original poster joined the forum with the sole aim of posting a verbose, 'text-speak' ridden spiel which amounted to nothing more than hearsay.

Admittedly, if the OP had actually posted in the correct forum of 'Training & Development' then perhaps I may have bitten my tongue slightly more, but he didn't. Instead the post was in the 'Employment & Jobs' forum, where it does not belong.

The tone and consumer complaint leanings of the post (plus the inordinate amount of other similar F.M threads being spammed on the site) is why fellow members are feeling it's getting out of hand.

Speaking on behalf of said members, we're more than happy to direct people in the right direction and offer advice as best we can. But at the end of the day, it's not a consumer complaints forum, and as such users with these type of questions need to find alternate sources of information which will be of more use to them (e.g. MSE)

I hope that this has cleared things up for you.

Qs

Last edited: Aug 27, 2009
    Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  6. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

Well, and succinctly, put m8 :thumbleft

7. Handyman

Handyman Bit Poster

I can't really see the frustration. If there a post like that, you don't have to read it.

However if someone came here whilst researching their intended training program and was able to see peoples honest opinions (assuming they were not slanderous) then that can only help them come to an informed decision on which company to pay their hard earned money too.

I would have thought that sort of advice would be invaluable to your members and should have a forum section dedicated to it. Mind you thats my opinion (and also that of several other tech support forums I frequent).

I await the usual if you want to post that sort of thing set up your own forum standard responce....

Certifications: ITIL Foundation, BTEC Nat Computing
    WIP: CCNA
  8. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

*standard response* - guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Each to their own opinion.