Ready for 70-210 Exam?

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by Clay, Oct 10, 2005.

1. Clay

Clay Bit Poster

:x

Right chaps. It has been along time since I posted. I now have my test network setup as a domain with win2k advanced server, one 2kpro client and one xp client.

I have what I thought was a good sound knowledge of windows etc but each time I took the Measureup or cert tutor mocks I found questions that were not covered in my books or on line lectures so each time I was short by 10-15%! How frustrating was that!

Anyway......I now average 90+% on measureup and I am thinking of applying for the exam. Did anybody find any obscure topics in the exam?

For instance, dacls... that threw me for a bit and some questions appear to want you to remember every possible entry/mod you can make to each node in MMC!!!

To shorten all the drivel above, am I ready....do I stand any chance of passing?

I was hoping to be on exam number 3 by now but operations to my arms (long story) work and setting up a little puterdoc sideline has slowed me down a bit!

Certifications: LCGI ECDL AMInstLM MCP
    WIP: MCSA 70-215
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Well I have to say that its been a long time since I took this exam, so I can't really remember that much about what was on it.

What you have to ask your self is do you feel ready for it?

If you think that you know enough then go for it, if not then study some more.

8)

3. The_Geek

The_Geek Megabyte Poster

I don't remember the exam really, but I do remember making this comment after I passed it:

Anyone who's installed Win2K Pro at least a dozen times should be able to pass the exam.

Certifications: CompTIA and Micro$oft
    WIP: PDI+
  4. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Kewl! Then all I have to do is create a dozen Win2KPro machines in VMware then schedule the exam. :tongue

jk

:oops:

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  5. The_Geek

The_Geek Megabyte Poster

LOL

It seems ALL my questions were geared to installing the OS, and during the install something happens and you have to restart the install. How do you restart the install depends on what point you got to last, or somehting of that matter.

Certifications: CompTIA and Micro$oft
    WIP: PDI+
  6. Clay

Clay Bit Poster

Thanks Guys.

Still consistenetly getting 90+% but that elusive 100 wont come. Gonna give it another couple of days revision then ask for a go

I can't believe it has taken me this long to get here! I've built many machines joined all sorts of OS's together on a network 95 98 2k et al (no penguins but thats next)

Oh well, I will let you know when I have applied to sit it for moral support.

:eek:

7. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Clay for goodness sake - just go and sit it!!! :biggrin

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  8. Clay

Clay Bit Poster

:ohmy

I have bitten the bullet and asked for the exam. Off to sit it in an hour and will let you know how I got on.

Hopefully it will be an early xmas present for me.

Not shaking in my boots too much!

Good luck to all others who take these things btw

L8r

9. _omni_

_omni_ Megabyte Poster

good luck :D

Certifications: MCSE 2003, MCSA:M
  10. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Very best of luck Clay, I'm sure you'll pass no worries.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  11. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Good luck Clay. :thumbleft

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  12. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Good luck, Clay. Kick butt! Take names! :D

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  13. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

G'luck, Clay .......:D

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity