R4DS for DS Lite

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by MrNerdy, Jan 20, 2008.

1. MrNerdy

MrNerdy Megabyte Poster

I've seen these being advertised & was thinking of getting one for my DS Lite.
    What kind of things could i load on to it?
    I have a few PC games, could i load them on to one if i had enough storage space?
    I'm a complete novice when it comes to games.
    Bought the DS Lite to play the brain games on it, but would like to do more.:unsure

Certifications: ECDL, CiscoIT1 & A+
    WIP: Girlfriend & Network+
  2. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

you can't load PC games to play on your DS. No way no how, just too much info an different coding used anyway.

Most of the guys at work have one of these for thier DS. They use them to play copied DS games (ones they've downloaded). With a 1gB Micro SD plugged into it you can have around 20 DS games loaded to select from instead of having to swap cards every tiem you play a different game. You can alos use it to play MP3s and some movie files on the DS but you can't play games at the same tiem as listening to mp3s.

Basically it runs a version of Moonshell (used for a lot of platforms for copied games) that boots to a menu allowng you to slect from Media and games. Then it looks at whats on the SD card and gives you a list to select from within that catagory.
    One other thing it enables you to do is to save games and play them on others DS's.
    Of course like all else, downloading and copying DS games is illegal, yet some how the sale of these devices is perfectly legal.

Look here for the site http://www.r4ds.com/r4ds.htm

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,