R.I.P Michael Jackson

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by m3lt, Jun 25, 2009.

1. m3lt

m3lt Byte Poster

From TMZ.com

http://www.tmz.com/2009/06/25/michael-jackson-dies-death-dead-cardiac-arrest/

Also:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8119993.stm

It's sad, wasn't really a proper fan but whenever I play GTA III and IV I will miss his songs on the radio. :cry:

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+, MCDST/MCSE
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Still unconfimed...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8119951.stm

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

The news just exploded over the twitterverse, but only TMZ.com has actually reported that Jackson died. All other news venues just say he suffered from a heart attack and was taken to a Los Angeles area hospital.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  4. m3lt

m3lt Byte Poster

I was playing EVE, next thing I know someone spammed "OMG mj is dead!"...

After quickly checked I saw that website and then saw also Sky's website which had the same story.

I guess it's a waiting game now.

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+, MCDST/MCSE
  5. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Ive got sky news on now and he has been pronounced dead. Never expected that and i was a fan of his music, well his early stuff anyway.

Though, its america, there may be a twist yet???

ZX

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  6. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

yes sky said that latimes got word from local plod that he has died. His later years were rather bizarre but I was a big fan of his music before my teens. Sad loss of a musical legend even if he went off the rails.

Also has anyone else noticed hes managed to break twitter!?

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  7. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Sky are just reporting on what TMZ are saying...

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  8. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

The LA media is also reporting he has died.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  9. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

BBC News just confirmed that he has passed away.

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  10. Sco0t

Sco0t Byte Poster

Yeah, what is it saying to you?

Certifications: Bsc Net/Sys Support, HND Tech Support
    WIP: Network+
  11. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Now this, I just do not get. Admittedly the man had a pretty f***ed up childhood, but he was obviously a *****phile. How people can look at him any differently than the way they look at other *****philes (and by crikey the media certainly lets us know how to feel about them on an almost daily basis) is completely beyond me.

Natasha Richardson dies - no-one gives a toss. Michael Jackon dies - you watch the public outpouring of grief. Absolutely bizarre.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  12. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Yep I agree, Farah Fawcett died today also and I bet that gets totally over shadowed by MJs death.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  13. Nelix
    Honorary Member

Nelix Gigabyte Poster

Just been confirmed, MJ has died.

Not matter who you are, whether you like him or not, everyone will agree that a legendary genious has left us and will be missed by all.

R.I.P Michael Jackson, my thoughts are with your family and children.

Certifications: A+, 70-210, 70-290, 70-291, 74-409, 70-410, 70-411, 70-337, 70-347
    WIP: 70-346
  14. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Really? He wrote none of his songs, choreographed none of his dance routines and played no musical instruments. Quincy Jones made Michael Jackson famous - not Michael Jackson.

Albert Einstein = Genius
    Christian Barnard = Genius
    Robert Bakker = Genius

Michael Jackson? Nope.

EDIT - I've just heard some music industry muppet on the BBC say:
    "I hope all the allegations of unsavoury behaviour with children are forgotten, and that he is regarded in the same way as geniuses like Mozart in the future".

Didn't take long for the first absolutely, unutterably ridiculous quote to air then - I make that less than an hour since the Beeb announced that he'd officially karked it. Comparing him to Mozart is like me comparing Carl Leaburn to Pele.

15. Sco0t

Sco0t Byte Poster

Wrong. Quincy Jones helped him later down the line to write songs, most of his biggest hits were infact wrote by him.

Certifications: Bsc Net/Sys Support, HND Tech Support
    WIP: Network+
  16. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Wrong. None of his hits were Written by him. The man couldn't play any musical instruments. He 'wrote' his songs in the same way that boy bands 'write' their songs. Scribbling some words on napkins doesn't make you a 'songwriter'. If you think he wrote any of the music on 'Off The Wall', 'Thriller' or 'Bad' then you need help. He may have written some of the lyrics though, I'll grant you that.

"Billie Jean, is not my lover. She's just a girl, who claims that I am the one"
    "You know I'm bad, I'm bad, you know it, I'm bad"
    "Annie are you OK, are you OK, are you OK Annie?"

Genius...

17. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Yeah, he was the best white black guy, with a fairground not making music anymore...too bad...:)

18. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Sad to hear he died, as in his prime Thriller / Bad days he was a great entertainer. I think all the other stuff that happened the last few years really overshadowed his pop career though.

Cue the same kind of ridicoulous press coverage and outpourings of anguish that happened when Di died. Think I'll try and avoid the news for the next 6 weeks!

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  19. mattstevenson

mattstevenson Byte Poster

Was he actually convicted of anything?

Certifications: Triple A+. Network+, CCENT
    WIP: MCP, ICND2, Sec+
  20. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

No. I think the millions of dollars he paid people to keep quiet about it ensured that.