Quicksilver

Discussion in 'Internet, Connectivity and Communications' started by MrNice, Feb 8, 2005.

1. MrNice

MrNice Kilobyte Poster

Hi,

I have a quick question that has been bugging me for a couple of days now. If I type in www.quicksilver.com into my browser I get QSI software website but if I google quicksilver I get quicksilver surfing with the same identical address, QSI is listed a couple of results below again showing that address, how can this be?

Cheers

2. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

If you enter the www.quicksilver.com/QSI_WELCOME_content.html url, it seems to take you to the page your after, MrNice, which suggests that the webpage has a redirect on it.

Sure some of the design guys will be along soon with more info ....

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I'm not a design guy, but I've had the same experience on several occasions. If company A buys company B and brands all of company A's products under company B's label, they still don't want to lose any customers who only know the product under company A's name. So they arrange that anyone that browses to company A's url be redirected to company B's url.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  4. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  5. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Oops :oops:

:slinks away in embarrassment:

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  6. MrNice

MrNice Kilobyte Poster

I must have checked that a million times before I posted, MCSE! foundation English lessons I should be taking!
    I am sitting in the corner with the dunces hat on. :oops: