Quick opinion on interview questions

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Cockles, Oct 26, 2009.

1. dazza786

dazza786 Megabyte Poster

nope, not really.. i suppose we're looking at different tiers though which is probably why

Certifications: MCP (271, 272, 270, 290, 291, 621, 681, 685), MCDST, MCTS, MCITP, MCSA, Security+, CCA(XA6.5)
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Speaking as someone who has sat on the other side of the table, employers typically ask the question to find out whether you're too expensive for us to hire. Don't get me wrong, employers DO want to save money wherever possible... but in my experience, employers aren't looking to hire the cheapest employee out there... they're looking for the best value for the money. And they certainly don't want to waste valuable interview time with someone they can't even consider hiring because the candidate is demanding too much.

It's my opinion that you have nothing to lose IF you've done your research. If you know what similar positions pay, and if you're satisfied with making any amount within the salary range you offer up, then what does it matter what everybody else in the company is making?!?

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Could be right there mate.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs