question of the day.

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by OffSide, Feb 27, 2005.

1. OffSide

OffSide Nibble Poster

Hello lads,
    didnt know who to ask, so I am posting here.
    Would you guys be interested in a QOD for the win2k server exam, I am currently studying it and tought I would be a good idea to learn from each other.
    what do you think ?

Certifications: N+ MCP 210
    WIP: MCSE
  2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I know that some of us have posted QOTDs on what we were studying in the past (myself included). Don't know how many people here are studying or will be studying for that exam. Guess you'll have to wait and see the responses roll in.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Sorry if I'm a tad unclear here, Offside - are you offering or requesting this ? Either way, it's certainly something to look into again, but I know that from past experience, the amount of effort required by those writing the QOTD's was sometimes just a bit too much for the spare time they had.

However, it's certainly something we could look into again ...

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  4. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Hi there Offside. I did do a question of the day for Windows 2000 Server. It is a hell of a lot of work, not just making the questions up, but making sure the answers are correct.

Please feel free to look in the server forum and have a look. :biggrin

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  5. OffSide

OffSide Nibble Poster

@Jakamoko I was offering mate (:

well by the sound of it, this has been tried before and didnt work.
    will leave it for now till the time is right.

6. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Sorry Offside - I just wasn't clear where you were coming from, m8. I sure didn't want to be negative, just clear about what work is involved.

If you really want to have a go at this, then feel free to PM me with the ideas you have so far, and we can sure discuss this if you like. Anything positive for the site will always get our full attention m8 :)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  7. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Offside, as AJ said, it's a lot of work to do the questions. There was, and still is interest in a QOTD, but if I remember rightly AJ had a lot on his plate and had to drop them due to lack of time. Unfortunately they never got picked up again.:(

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  8. AJ

That's right Nugget and unfortunately nothing has changed at the moment. If you want to put a QOTD Offside PM Gavin with how you want to go ahead and I'm sure it can be done.

All I was putting forward is the amount of work involved in taking on such a thing.

9. OffSide

OffSide Nibble Poster

I am well aware that This kind of thing do require time/commitment, but I am willing to take the challenge. I am convinced that I could learn in the process. will pm you Jakamoko to discuss it.

thanks for the support lads. (:
    peace and love

10. AJ

NP's Offside. You've got all the help and support you need here m8. You could always hook up with Nugget and do a quiz in the chat room at some point. He was doing A+ quizes.

Hope that's OK Nuggs to say that :oops:

11. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I don't think anyone is going to put you off if you want to do this, Offside. I've done a few QOTDs here and while they are time consuming, they are also rewarding and we all learn something from them. I'd go with Gav's advice. Cheers and thanks for stepping up to the plate.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  12. neilg

neilg Bit Poster

I think its a great idea offside QOD really helped me when I was studying for for my last MCP .....

Great idea mate !!!!!

Certifications: MCP's , A+ , N+
    WIP: M.C.S.E