question about "telecom and its services"

Discussion in 'Networks' started by kobem, Oct 11, 2007.

1. stuPeas

stuPeas Megabyte Poster

Wow, thats a bit steep. Im sure you could get the hard copy AND the .pdf thrown in for not much more.

Certifications: C&G Electronic, CIW Associate (v5).
    WIP: CIW (Website Design Manager)
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

You guys crack me up for trying. :biggrin How many times are you guys going to tell yourselves that you're not gonna respond to his posts, then you do anyway? :p

Bottom line, if he won't take advice on how to learn, we become enablers of his problem by trying to answer his questions, which he ultimately doesn't understand. You just end up feeding the behavior.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. BosonMichael

Uh, yes, that would be called "stealing".

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  4. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

well, not really. Paperback on Amazon costs 20 quid. The PDF version on that site is $45 - thats about 22 quid. So its not any cheaper, and I agree that you might as well just buy the hardcopy, but i was looking for a legal ebook method, not a cheap one.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  5. BosonMichael

6. BosonMichael

It's $33 on Amazon.com in the US. 8)

Unfortunately, you don't KNOW that Diesel is legal or not... they COULD be distributing it illegally, for all anyone knows. Note that I have no evidence for or against that statement.

7. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

yeah, you buggers always get things cheaper than us. Even though theres nothing being done to alter our version most of the time (programs like adobe - cost $500 and £500 - so we effectively pay double for the same app).

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  8. BosonMichael

It costs a lot to swim it across the pond...

...keeping the pages (or software) above water so they stay dry is difficult! :blink

9. stuPeas

stuPeas Megabyte Poster

Although I'm trying to quit, cigarettes produced in THIS country are actually cheaper in other countries. I'm sure it the same for other products as well. England is a rip off!!

10. warrmr

warrmr Byte Poster

so very true.

its cos the government are greedy. but i cant really say much more because im one of those younguns who dont actually care for politics, and dont bother voting for a party as there all the same full of empty promises.

/me grabs flame proof coat and backs towards the door.

Certifications: MCP 70-270, 70-290
    WIP: MCSA + Messaging, MCSE + Security
  11. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I am going to say something in my own local dialect HONEST :x

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  12. stuPeas

stuPeas Megabyte Poster

I know you are right, I must be mad!! I end up so frustrated. Ive seen posts where Kobem is talking about topics that are (at the moment) way above my head, then, I find that he doesn't actually know the processes involved in sending an email. How ANYONE can learn like this is beyond me. The thing is, if he DID learn the basics first, he would probably be ANSWERING questions by now, instead of just asking the same questions over and over again.

I'm not having a go at you Kobem. But you must realize that you cannot run before you can walk, and that it is going to take you a long, long time to learn the things you want to if you continue to jump from one topic to another without getting some basics learned FIRST. :)

13. kobem

kobem Megabyte Poster

you all changed the topic completely

Certifications: CCNA
  14. stuPeas

stuPeas Megabyte Poster

The topic was ANSWERED. Actually it was answered more than once, thats why the topic changed.
    Do you understand now???

15. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

This is possibly the funniest thread since that nutter pretending that he was the owner of James Thornton.

Kobem - why do you ask questions and not read the answers?
    If you don't UNDERSTAND the answers, why aren't you on a Turkish forum?

I don't think it is a language barrier, as you can communicate when you want to.

I think you are either winding us up, or wasting our time (or both).

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  16. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

You won't - that address does not exist.
    Correct - if the site existed.
    That site only requires you to authenticate for certain things. But otherwise - correct.
    As we've told you before - they would be used if you took an email service from them - most often business connections or other premium subscriptions.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  17. kobem

kobem Megabyte Poster

mail.yahoo.com not co.uk

18. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Kobem

First up, let me start by saying that is a great picture of Marilyn Manson you have as your avatar - he's never looked better.

Moving on to your post - no-one has answered what appears to be one of the most salient points - namely that you have indicated that you were unabl to access any sites outside Turkey yesterday. This is probably not correct - that would indicate that Turkey is, or was, involved in state-sponsored (or at least state-sanctioned) Internet censorship at the ISP level. This is something I don't think Turkey has ever been accused of doing - unlike in some less enlightened or undemocratic regimes such as DPR Korea, China, many middle-eastern states etc.

What is more likely is that your ISP's DNS servers failed - something that DOES happen regularly in many countries where the backbone infrastructure is not that great.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  19. kobem

kobem Megabyte Poster

NOT MARILYN MANSON BECAUSE SHE IS A GIRL OR WOMAN NOT MAN!

SHE IS PRINCESS OF ROCK IN MY COUNTRY( GREATER THAN EVANESCENCE AND AMY)

20. warrmr

warrmr Byte Poster

Ohhh

Amy Lee is awsome, there are a few people with a better suited voice for the kind of music she records.

Christinia Scabia of Lacuna coil has a far better voice but Amy lee has a huge calming effect on an audience. where as lacuna coil i want to jump around to.

i dunno what im trying to say

mabey i should shut up.

Certifications: MCP 70-270, 70-290
    WIP: MCSA + Messaging, MCSE + Security