Query on the Comptia A+ 603 & 604

Discussion in 'A+' started by Mr_Skids, May 5, 2010.

1. Mr_Skids

Mr_Skids New Member

Hey,

First off, great site, and pleased to be a member of it. Alot of extremely useful posts on here.

This is my first post on the forum, and just a question regarding the Comptia A+ 603 & 604 exams.

Basically, i've been studying on and off for the A+ for the 4 months, and have finally decided to get myself into gear and book the 601/602 up for next week, feeling totally confident. In my schedule of exams to take, which are quite a few, and coming from no previous background in the I.T field, i wanted to take the other two, the 603/4, just to make my barebones C.V come across as i DO know what i'm talking about to give me a good chance of employment. On looking at the Prometric & PearsonVue websites though, for the life of me i can't see how to book up the 603 & 604 exams (in the UK by the way). On the Comptia site, there is no mention of them being discontinued at the end of August, but i only get the option of the 601/2 when i try to book up.

Does anyone know the full sp on these exams, whether or not they have ceased or not? I know with the 701/2 being introduced, that they will eventually be fazed out in the coming months, but i just can't understand why they would stop these two.

If someone could let me know, it would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

2. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

No idea whether those exams have been discontinued but to be honest taking them isn't the best use of your time or money, I'd put the money towards getting your Network+ and MCDST then your CV really will look like you know what your talking about!

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Studying all the A+ exams wont make a jot of difference to your cv. All employers care about is that you have the certification, some employers wont even realise that there are 4 exams that can be take (well 3 actually since one is mandatory).

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?