Q and A from Windows Vista Group Policy Webcast

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016' started by Modey, May 21, 2006.

1. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Not sure if this is the correct area for this, so if any mods want to move it ... :)

Interesting webcast about how GP will work in relation to Vista running off Windows 2003 server etc...

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Interesting read Modey.

From the looks of what I've just read its gona be quite a steep learning curve when both Vista and Longhorn server are available! :eek:

3. d-Faktor
    Honorary Member

d-Faktor R.I.P - gone but never forgotten.

indeed an interesting read. however, i'm not sure about that learning curve, simon. as many have feared, the changes will be trivial. microsoft could have taken the opportunity to drastically change (for the better) the operating system architecture, and create something awesome, but they haven't got the balls. nothing is really changed, the concepts are still the same (hence learning curve is not so steep), all for backward compatibility. what a shame.