proper post I Promise

Discussion in 'CIW Certifications' started by eternalangel, Sep 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

It's called "trolling", and doing so will generally get you banned on most forums.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  2. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

ok.. ENOUGH!!!!

First off, if you want to bitch and moan about poor grammar, go Here. Regardless of how much some of you appear to want it to be so, this (and all) forum is NOT a business environment. Whilst I agree that EternalAngels spelling and grammar would not serve him well in a business environment, this is not one. You can want posters to use proper english all you want, its not always going to happen. You have all made your point to EternalAngel, now LEAVE IT BE! I for one have noticed an improvement in this area since you all went mental at him.

Secondly, EternalAngel has a stream of consciousness writing style on this forum and, whilst some of you may not like it, even a cursory look at some of his posts has allowed me (and others) to actually get what hes talking about.

I've had it up to my eyes with people posting and bitching and moaning about God/EternalAngel's posting style/grammar/etc. You've had your say in other posts. Points been made and noted by all concerned, now leave him alone. If you dont like his posting style/mannerisms then DONT POST. If it breaches Certforums rules, then the mods will step in and deal with it. Otherwise theres nothing actually wrong with it, apart from it bugging the hell out of you.

Final words? CEASE AND DESIST!

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  3. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Well I honestly thought that name change meant a new start, alas it wasn't to be, new name now on my ignore list. Before anyone else chimes in and tries to call me a hypocrite for saying there are no outsiders here, everyone is welcome. Everyone is welcome here, but you have to make an effort to fit in with us. I think even someone with a the "patience of a saint" can end up tearing their hair out.

Eternalangel for everyone's sake knock off the routine and stop drawing attention to yourself for all the wrong reasons.

I used to be in the same position many years ago, always wanting to be the centre of attention and playing the fool. It didn't win me many friends or fans, it got me into a lot of trouble, so I eventually got it that being the centre of attention isn't worth it, unless you're being credited for doing something good, going out of your way to help someone. Otherwise it's better to let someone else hog the limelight and make themselves the fool instead of you.

Call me Victor Meldrew if you wish, but sticking out like a sore thumb all the time isn't good, stand out for all the right reasons.

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  4. eternalangel

eternalangel Banned

I agree with fergal he / she has hit the nail on the head .Stream of consiousness so true. wizard can we jsut be friends ,let it be

5. stuPeas

stuPeas Megabyte Poster

Bloody hell, I go to the shop and get back to this AGAIN. As far as I can see "god" or whatever his new name is has tried to fit in and has only responded to criticism. The "what..errr.what" comment could easily have been him being confused, but admittedly he responded in not the best way. Just leave the guy alone. People seem to be treating him as a punch bag. Believe me, his opinions and grammar annoy the hell out of me, but to use his words "chill". Its a big forum!!

Certifications: C&G Electronic, CIW Associate (v5).
    WIP: CIW (Website Design Manager)
  6. eternalangel

eternalangel Banned

Who actually gives a F++++ any way you guys spent the whole of last week and this weekend talking bo++++s about someone who doesnt even exist. Havent you / us / we got better things to do / read study or talk about than this menial small minded nothingness.
    I already changed my name,my style my,questions/ put them in the correct
    places,it seems some of you do actually need to either get out alot more or just chill it to the core.

PLease please,speak with purpose and meaning, be positive and serve,as is your function.
    (maybe you should learn txt speak,ever thought of joining the 21st centuary)

back to the topic,the

Ciw course how are you finding bill?
    peace

7. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Okay I'll try, but it sure as hell isn't going to be easy in my current mood. Last thing I'm going to say in this thread as it has gone way off topic already as it is.

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  8. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

This is exactly the sort of comment im talking about.

Im just going to step away from answering posts about this topic, and from this member of CF.

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  9. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

:eek: :x

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  10. BrotherBill

BrotherBill Byte Poster

I'm enjoying it quite well. Try to ignore the distractions.

You would have thought with the self-destruction mode that this weekends thread fell into, more people would have been ready to give it a rest. That's a thread that never should have been permitted, much less endorsed by the staff here. All it accomplished was to pit "senior" members against each other. And the last I heard, some of the members are hinting of leaving this forum.

I am impressed though. You ask a question of me and just because I can't respond quickly enough, half the forum just can't wait to jump in start again. If they want to talk business, I can oblige. Apparantly some of them don't know as much about business as they would have you believe. It's funny. I've had considerable success with business and even still, sometimes I miss my punctuation or my spelling of some words may be off. My clients don't seem to mind so I doubt that you'll find me riding you about the same mistakes I make myself.

From what you've told us, I believe that you're still young enough to learn how to function properly in a business atmosphere. I'm guessing you to be in the upper teens to lower 20s. About the same age as some of my grandkids. I don't have a problem understanding them either. You've still got time, do your best.

Back to topic. I'm trying to study both the Fundamentals and the Site Design. We have a need for an online presence with the business, and regardless whether I hire it done or attempt it myself, I need to learn as much about it as I can. I've played with HTML for some time, and I'm really enjoying the possibilities available in CSS. I intend to learn as much as I can about Javascript. It seems like a bit of a fascinating language in itself. I also need to learn how to incorporate my databases into the forms on my pages. I'm not sure that I really need to study the fundamentals, but it provides some much needed background for me.

How about you? What's your story?

11. stuPeas

stuPeas Megabyte Poster

Why the hell should I learn text speak. THIS IS A WEB FORUM YOU MORON, and IT IS NOT MY "FUNCTION" TO SERVE YOU YOU PRAT.

To everyone else. I'm sorry I WAS WRONG. Have a go at him all you like, you'll get no more criticisms form me. This guy is a real piece of work. :x

12. mattwest

mattwest Megabyte Poster

I've been away for a few days (second week of my new job) and I come back to check what’s going on in the world of CertForums and this is what I see....

I'm a big believer in giving everyone a chance but god / etherangel is getting my back up and I’ve only read a few of his posts. We can say "play nice" all we want but the fact is its all about respect.

When I started contributing to here a few years ago I tried to contribute and post constructive and helpful posts.... and it bugs me to listen to dribble and people trying to be the centre of attention.

Something wise I was once told.... "keeps your eyes and ears open and your mouth shut".

Etherangel - maybe you should start again.... post a new topic and ask a concise and grammatically correct question and you'll see how nice and helpful us folk can be. Talk crap and you won’t get far.

And I won’t even get started on grammar..... :ohmy:D

Certifications: See my signature...
    WIP: Maybe re-certify my CCNA
  13. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

That is exactly correct. The correct usage of grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc... up to the best of a person's ability is a sign of respect for themselves and others. The lack of it, due to just not caring to use what a person knows, is a sign of disrespect for this forum and everyone in it.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  14. BrotherBill

BrotherBill Byte Poster

We've already been through this. This post was started by him in a civil, constructive manner and directed at his studies of the CIW track. How much harder does he have to try. It seems everyone here wants a crack at him. If you really want to get back to your own protected little world, what are you doing in this thread. Your post had nothing to do with CIW and open season on this member was declared closed yesterday by the site administrator. Again, if you're that frustrated with him, stay away from him. He's tried and you won't let it go.

15. stuPeas

stuPeas Megabyte Poster

Sorry Bill, If you look at my earlier post's you will see that I have been trying to defend his position AND answer his CIW questions. BUT then he post's the above remarks. He knows very well that people have an issue with some pf the things he says but he decides to tell me to learn HIS way of writing. I would not go to another country and tell its occupants that they should SERVE ME AND LEARN MY LANGUAGE.

Any future questions he has should be put in a NEW THREAD to see if that resolves these issues. But I for one, am not going to continue to help somebody who has no intention of helping himself.

16. mattwest

mattwest Megabyte Poster

Bill this is why I suggested we start again, new thread, new start..... because to be honest I had some trouble myself understanding some of the posts submitted by etherangel....

I've actually done 4 of the CIW exams so happy to contribute if a grammatically correct and flowing post is made from this chap.

Anyway last I’m going to say.... unless any mud is thrown against the CertForums peeps as there all a great bunch and i wont listen to that rubbish in silence. As most of you know I don’t post much, but when i do its usually for a good reason.

Sign up, post new threads contribute and do so in a non annoying / legible / sensible / understandable fashion.... otherwise what’s the point?

Certifications: See my signature...
    WIP: Maybe re-certify my CCNA
  17. BrotherBill

BrotherBill Byte Poster

I appreciate your efforts stuPeas, and I can understand your frustration as well as that of the others. It just seems that every time he does make an attempt, someone is there to knock him back down again. Most of the time it comes from someone who has to go out of their way to take a jab at him. The conversations were not directed toward them, they were not referenced or called upon. Their just there, and in no way performing what I would consider constructive criticism or posting anything meaningful.

I've looked back at most of the posts in question, and most of the time, they start with innocent statements or questions. Sometimes the punctuation or spelling may be off, but if you are willing to make an effort, his statements are somewhat concise. At least as much as some of the others here. Before you go wheeling him off in an executives chair, give him a little time to learn and season.

I have a grandson that I believe is about the same age. He is often misunderstood as well. And once challenged, will often react in a similar fashion. That may explain my patience. But if I were to jump on my grandson each time he made a mistake or said something that I didn't understand, I wouldn't be much of a grandpa in his eyes. Respect goes both ways.

18. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

QFT. Well said.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  19. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

I haven't had a chance to talk with the others about this yet
    but for the time being
    I'm closing this thread

nothing good can come of it

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0