proper post I Promise

Discussion in 'CIW Certifications' started by eternalangel, Sep 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrotherBill

BrotherBill Byte Poster

I guess we all have our moments.

2. stuPeas

stuPeas Megabyte Poster

One of his very early posts (seems like years ago now) did mention that he was doing the CIW. Of course, it also mentioned quite a bit of existential rubbish as well, but hey, in an intro thread, who cares (thats if it was an intro thread, I cant remember).

I'm prepared to listen to what he says regarding technical issues, especially any help he need with the CIW, but I will no longer answer posts that contain ANY reference to his specific idea of reality.

We all deserve another chance. :p

Certifications: C&G Electronic, CIW Associate (v5).
    WIP: CIW (Website Design Manager)
  3. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

I agree. When he decides to make amends and become a contributing member, then he'll be accepted. Until he does that, what's to be gained by the community by tolerating him? It's that way in real life too. If you don't contribute, if you don't try to fit in and contribute positively in at least some kind of norm, you are left behind and/or excluded. It's pretty much a law of nature. You see it everywhere you look.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  4. stuPeas

stuPeas Megabyte Poster

You also see examples of people accepting "different" people in real life. Its a matter of tolerance (I cant believe I said that since I'm the most Intolerant person Ive ever met).

Sometimes you have to make an effort to find the good in somebody. He can only be held responsible for his "eccentric" behavior if he actually realizes he is doing it, and we cant honestly say that we know he knows what he is doing. :D

5. eternalangel

eternalangel Banned

Howdy,

You guys have good weekend? I did.

Im here to study and learn fast what I need to know about the ciw course foundations and also the site design and later e - commerce. Im self studying The ciw master course with books and any rescources I can.
    About my earlier question it's cos I skimmed over it that it seems easy, I studied IT before and covered the first bits in the ciw foundations course. I was studying the ECDL course you may probably have heard of it.
    I would say to memorise and learn it for the exam will take more brain power but im gonna be mind mapping and high-lighting so it should be reasonbly easy.

I reckon I can study so read, re- read and memorise the 3 foundation books I have in a month - studying fulltime--- THIS IS WHERE I REALLY WOULD LIKE YOUR ADVICE AND EXPERT (POSITVE ) OPINION
    Is it possible ? Earlier you said one of you said you did it in 3 months in the evenings,
    what kind of stuff is in the foundations course books you studied?
    Can I study using only books, are cds/videotutorials and hands on experience imperative?

Thanks for the help.
    Will definetly have more questions so any replies gratefully appreciated.

ps My names changing from god to ......something more acceptable.
    I got the jist of what some of you were saying which is lets just be friends and learn from eachothers
    grouped know how, so Im sorry about the poetry and the philosophy and any jokes I thought were funny, Safe,easy - now bruv

6. stuPeas

stuPeas Megabyte Poster

Make sure any books you use for the foundations are VERSION 5. :D

7. eternalangel

eternalangel Banned

Version 5 of the books or books for the version 5 exams ? please elucidate cheers

8. stuPeas

stuPeas Megabyte Poster

Books for the Version 5 EXAMS. The Exam they should cover is 1D0-510 and NOT 1D0-410.

Is there any chance you could reduce the size of you signature for me, Its hurting my eyes. :biggrin

9. BrotherBill

BrotherBill Byte Poster

Call yourself whatever you like. That could be your initials for all I care. I'm not religous anyway.

My name's Bill. I'm a bit of an outsider here as well, so we have something in common. Be glad to help if I can. I'm also studying the Foundations. More for the knowledge than the certification, but I like the way the CIW track is laid out.

10. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

C'mon less of the "outsider" talk, no one is an outsider on this forum.

That's the last thing I'm going to say on the subject, back to the topic.

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  11. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

As Wizard said. No one here is an outsider, even those that don't regullarly post. We are all aprt of the CF community, which in turn is part of the wider IT community.

Now, :offtopic

12. eternalangel

eternalangel Banned

Morning Bill, glad we can relate im studying for the knowledge too.
    How are you finding it?

Im studying Books for the Version 5 EXAMS - 1D0-510

13. ffreeloader

Just a word of advice, eternalangel....

Go take a look at any business site in the world and see if you can find one which uses your version of spelling, grammar, capitalization, and punctuation in its content. If you can't, that means that any site you work on is going to require you to use proper grammar and capitalization, good spelling, and good punctuation in all content you produce. Any business people you deal with in looking for a job will also evaluate all your written communication very closely, and if they see you communicate the way you do here, you will have a very, very hard time finding a job. Your resume will find the round file located at the corner of the desk immediately, if you write it like you write here.

That's not picking on you, that's just telling you how things are done in the business world. You will be judged on how well you communicate, and rightly so, for you are wanting to enter a field of endeavor that is based as much on communication skills as technical skills. Any business person in the world is going to want their site to appear polished, professional, and be able to communicate their message as well as possible to a wide variety of people from all walks of life. You have to able to project that yourself if you want to succeed in your chosen field. If you're incapable of that you're chances of succeeding are going to suffer badly. So, I'd say would be a good idea for you to work on your communication skills at every possible opportunity.

14. eternalangel

eternalangel Banned

what eerr what ???

15. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Add to that the requirements for the proper use of HTML, CSS, JavaScript, XML, and any other markup and programming language you will typically find on higher-end websites. If you think proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation is bad in English, try making a syntax error in a programming language. You really have to be detail oriented.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  16. eternalangel

eternalangel Banned

Add to that the requirements for the proper use of HTML, CSS, JavaScript, XML, and any other markup and programming language you will typically find on higher-end websites. If you think proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation is bad in English, try making a syntax error in a programming language. You really have to be detail oriented

Actaully I probably speak better English than you in real life its just I type quickly, I love these programming languages and have been using them for the summer now, if you wanna chat about these I welcome your views.You presumeably have experience in these Tripp?

17. ffreeloader

LOL. Oh, man is that true.

18. eternalangel

eternalangel Banned

yeh it is you have to learn these languages aswell .you make no sense man .

19. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

Eternalangel, Trip is a well known author in the IT world. His spoken english and written english is not and will never be in dispute.

Replying to Freddy with "what err what" is extemley rude; the guy contributed some sound advice to your thread!

If your typing is a problem then I'd suggest that you invest in a some speech recognition software and SAY your responses - it would be interesting to see the difference between that and your past responses!

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  20. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Wait, a whole summer? Wow.

People are trying to tell you how things work around here, how would you feel if someone came into your house and started doing things in ways you dont like them being done? The community at CF is well written, and on the whole, polite and friendly. At the moment you seem to be lacking in all of these departments.

You seem to enjoy getting people backs up, and the attention that comes from this. It reminds me of my 8 year old nephew to be honest.

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012